Dashboard for last activity

I would like to have a dashboard of all my devices showing their last activity time. I would also like to be able to turn on a virtual switch if any device has not reported activity in xx time. I have seen device watchdog but it does not do what i was hoping for. Searching to see if there are others but wanted to ask to see if i can short cut my searching.

Thank you..

1 Like

Clicking on the "three dot menu" and then selecting history, will provide you with the last activity time for any device you have on the dashboard.

Only other thing I can think of is a GV for each device, that records each device's last activity time and then RM rule on the GVs for the virtual switch.

Thank ... didn’t know about the history. I have not seen GV before. What is this?

Global variable. I think i found this.

Seems i get display the last activity data on the dashboard using the device attribute last updated value...

I think I’m good. I can use device watchdog to turn on a virtual switch when it notes no activity from a device.

Here is a screenshot of my motion dashboard. I built it to track the last used mainly to help catch false reports (spot the detectors that need their sensitivity tweaked).

Here is the rule:

Create local variables to store the data and create connectors to use in the dashboard:

As of this writing there is a bug in 2.2.4 where only global variables are updating the dashboard, and not local - this being specific to number variables. A global number variable will update in dashboard, and a local is stuck reporting the default value of the variable. HE staff is aware. in my example dashboard though when the bug is fixed and the dashboard starts to work again it is great to help spot where you are getting too much load and may need a throttle.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.