Dashboard feature request local vs cloud

Would be great if the dashboards default could be set to cloud or local. Right now anytime I enter dashboards it defaults to the cloud list, which is odd as that would be the slower less responsive route. Would be nice if either a preference to snap local or cloud or even just remember last selection and default to that view would help me NOT end up with cloud access by mistake and wonder why everythings so slow to respond.

2 Likes

+1 for the dashboard to determine where the client is coming from and to present local verses cloud depending if on same network.

1 Like

Agreed, I would very much like for it to detect whether I'm local or not. Cloud controls are really quite slow, so are somewhat inconvenient around the house. This won't matter as much with google home integration, but would still be a nice feature... especially when I'm fumbling around to silence a false alarm as quickly as possible at 3am because I forgot to disarm HSM!

My updated dashboard in 1.1.7 has been defaulting to local instead of cloud, which is nice. 90% of the time I use it is when I'm home.

Seems that when I open a local dashboard and then click\tap arrow back button, it automatically switches to cloud instead of keeping local.
Is there a workaround or developers could fix this?

It will be also nice to have an option in tile "dashboard" to go to main menu instead of a specific dashboard.

2 Likes

with the latest 2.x I'd call this resolved... at least in concept.