Dashboard Disappeared after Reboot

I love my Hubitat except for the dashboards. They are a pain to create. After some reading and a few videos I created a beautiful dashboard. In the mean time I wanted to improve my Zigbee Mesh so I shut down the hub for 20 minutes and booted it back up. Now my dashboard is gone! What did I miss? I am very frustrated because I spent a lot of time on that dashboard.

I did re-read the documentation and I combed through the community help but I didn't see anything referencing this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Where has it gone from exactly? If you mean you just can't see it on your phone or tablets any more it may be that when rebooted the hub got a different IP address. Or is it completely gone from your apps, in direct admin mode?

4 Likes

I had one dashboard called "Main", after the reboot, I went to dashboards and the tile (link to the dashboard) was gone.

Along similar lines to @Inge_Jones 's question, if you open the Apps page of the HE web UI, under the Hubitat Dashboard App, do you still see the dashboard listed? E.g. do you see something similar to this, where I have highlighted my dashboards under the parent HE dashboard app?

2 Likes

No, there is nothing there.

Have you lost anything else or just the dashboard? I take it you don't have a backup downloaded? When you shut down did you do so via the user interface, or turned off power without shutting down. I see you have described it as shutting down, just want to be sure that's what you meant

1 Like

The hub has a default, automatic backup on a daily basis and stores the last few on board (five, IIRC).

Might be worth going to the hub settings menu in the web browser GUI (not the mobile app) and consider restoring a backup from prior to this incident.

Edit: although if OP is willing to continue troubleshooting a bit more, the underlying problem might become clearer, even if restoring a backup could resolve it. The issue, as described, doesn’t entirely make sense. Shutting down the hub does not result in this kind of data loss, as a general rule.

1 Like

I have not lost anything else that I am aware of and I actually do have some backups.

The problem is that the file disappeared on the 8th. I did try to restore the file that very day and I thought it worked but it turns out it did not. Now those files are gone. I wanted to back up to my synology NAS but it seems that hubitat won't let you do that which, if correct, really sucks.

I am not sure how you could lose dashboard app, and not things like rules? Unless you or someone else accidentally deleted the whole Dashboard app?

Can you verify for us that you are looking in the Apps tab (not the Dashboard tab) while on a desktop for the dashboard app itself?

I never lost the app, just the dashboard I created.

And did you manage to get it back from restoring a backup?

The built-in, automated backup feature saves backups on the hub itself. But you can download a backup and save it to any device you want. It’s even possible to run a script that automates downloading of hub backups.

Several people have shared the scripts they wrote, including one written in Bash that the dev uses on his synology NAS.

2 Likes

I guess in future you could do what I usually do after a huge success in a game or some complicated work on a document - save (or in your case take a backup and store it off hub) then and there!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.