[SOLVED] Dashboard Date and Clock tile stops updating date

Yes, I have this problem too. Not sure when it started, although I first noticed it about a month ago. Do please post back here when the support ticket is answered!

I've had the same problem for a while too. Mine is on a Lenovo running Fully. I ended up adding a rule through the Fully client to reload the default page on the Lenovo at 12.15am every day as a workround.

I see someone else started a different thread with this same issue.

@bobbyD Could you look into the ticket I opened on December 30th? I never received a response.

This bug still exists in 2.1.8.115.

It looks like I'll need to do this as well since I haven't got any response on the support ticket. May I ask where you configured that in Fully? I don't see a time-based reload under the Web Auto Reload settings.

It wasn't in Fully itself it is in a rule in Hubitat. I have this driver installed

Fully Kiosk Driver

One of the options in that is to load the default URL page on the device. I run a custom command to do that at just gone midnight. so the page refreshes with the correct date.

I'm tagging Bobby @bobbyD though, because it's very rare that support don't respond so it may have slipped through the net.

I agree with that. I had previously tagged him as well. I didn't want to scream "major bug!!!" because it isn't, and coming out of the holidays is a busy time I'm sure. Yet, two weeks is getting on the unexpected side.

@HAL9000 & @Geoff_T We are looking into it. I wasn't able to reproduce, but I have escalated for further investigation. Thank you for the tag and your feedback.

3 Likes

Strange. I can repro 100% of the time. I've put in an automatic reload on my Fully browser on my Fire tablets to work around the problem on my real dashboards, but I can still repro on both Chrome on iPadOS and Edge on a Windows 10 PC (photo of the Edge repro below, taken just now 1/16/2020). Is there anything you want me to try to help diagnose? I'm now on 2.1.8.117, by the way.

I've got 3 tablets running and all of them do the same. Date won't update without a refresh.

I'll add my name to the list. I see the same bug with my dashboard using Fully Kiosk on a Nexus 7.

Found a workaround: Created a global string variable (in Rule Machine) called "Today's Date", and then created a rule (also in Rule Machine) to run at 00:01 each day to set the variable equal to %date%. Then display it on the dashboard using a variable string tile.

Well, yeah. Another workaround is to have Fully do a web reload overnight. So we can concede this isn't an earth-shattering problem. But on the other hand, it seems like it wouldn't be that hard to resolve since it is clearly a Hubitat Dashboard issue (not a browser or client issue), and no devices or other apps are involved.

To be honest, I'm moving from surprised to annoyed that I opened a ticket three weeks ago on this and never got a response. @bobbyD

2 Likes

Well, yes, it doesn't sound like it should be complicated to fix!

@bravenel Any chance this can be corrected in the next hub update?

We will look into it.

1 Like

Thank you

Check out the new update and let us know if your problem was resolved.

Someone else will have to provide a more immediate response. After being burned by bricking a hub from an update, I no longer get the updates as soon as they are released as I don't want to be a beta tester. It will be several weeks before my input.

This is good news though!

1 Like

I have never heard of a hub being bricked by an update. Could please provide us with more details so we can further investigate.