Dashboard behavior different from groups and scenes

I have a scene, "Cleaning" that turns on lights throughout the house. If I have another scene(s) that are on I can turn off Groups and scenes Cleaning from the dashboard or Alexa and it will turn off all the lights that are shared by those scenes. I created a Room Lighting scene that is the same as the previous Cleaning. When I turn off Room Lighting "cleaning," not previously turned on, from the dashboard it does not turn off the other lights. When I look at cleaning in the Room app it indicates they are on. If I select turn off from the within the room lighting app they do turn off. Any way to enable "turn off" from the dashboard and Alexa even if they are already off in the app? (the app does in fact show them as on.) I used the scene template on the dashboard. I do not see an obvious alternative that offers a discrete on and off.

Answered my own question. These settings are a bit obscure but, RFM:
"Command devices on/off irrespective of reported state."
"Turn off even if partially off."

"One is an option under Means to Activate Options that causes Activation even if Partially
Activated. Another is a per device option to force a device to be Activated or Turned Off irrespective of its state. This is also an Option under Means to Activate Options called 'Allow devices on/off irrespective of reported state'. Selecting this option causes an addition column of checkboxes to be displayed in the Devices to Automate table. When checked, the device will be Activated or Turned Off irrespective of its state. This was the primary purpose of the On/Off Optimization option, for devices that don't reliably report their state."

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.