Dashboard background Scaling

I'm trying to understand how the background image on a dashboard is scaled/centered/etc.
Before I get all the "Why do you care about that - the tiles scale and move etc.." answers I've seen I do have a reason.
I am trying to layout a floor plan of my home with the tiles over the correct locations.
I'm aware this will need to be a device specific dashboard - that's not an issue.
My problem is that I keep trying to figure out the aspect ratio/size for my image through trial and error of loading template backgrounds etc..
But I can't figure out how the scaling is done.
Sometimes it seems to be stretching the image, sometimes cropping - I assume based upon the real display aspect ratio/size compare to the image aspect ratio/size.
Or is there a way in CSS to set how the background image should be displayed?
If I can left/top justify with no scaling or stretching at least I could get an image I can work with.

I'm in the same boat as you. Did you find a solution?

No I didn’t .
I went with making an image of the same ratio as my device then putting a border around it.
Best I could do for now.
Might be a way to impact it via css

Did you ever figure out how to make the background image fit the screen. I am trying to do the same thing, but a third of my house plan is off the screen. I have tried resizing the image, but they all stretch to the same oversized image.

Sort of , you have to make the image the same ratio as the device and add a bit of a border to allow room for error.
I ended up not using that dashboard enough to make it worth it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.