Dashboard automatic startup at boot or power on

Is there a way for a specific dashboard to load automatically when a device (ie. Android tablet) turns on? When the house loses power I would like the bedroom dashboard to display when the power is restored or the tablet turned on.

Welcome to Hubitat!

What program are you running your dashboard on? Are you using the Hubitat mobile app or something like Fully Kiosk Browser? Fully Kiosk Browser has an option to launch it at boot of the device but the native Hubitat app does not. This would be a function of the Android device, not of Hubitat.

Thanks for the welcome and giving me some ideas to check out. Started looking at Fully Kiosk and will continue researching that. A bit confused as it looks like there are a few 'plans' to download. Haven't been able to find a price (after the free 30 period) and don't want to start the trial period until I have studied a bit more.

Pardon? Plans? I use the free version and it works perfectly. You may also consider an app called Wall Panel. Has less options but is a little lighter for older devices.

1 Like

There is a free version and a “plus” version, which requires a one-time fee, and does enable some useful features but may not be necessary depending on your needs.

The subscription plans appear to have something to do with cloud services, and I’m not sure why that would be necessary for home automation dashboards, unless you have a need to manage a large number of devices or something.

Ryan780 and marktheknife, (any anyone else who wants to chime in), thanks for the information. I hope I am not being a pain with all my questions. I'm getting a handle on Fully Kiosk Browser and Wall Panel. I like the ability to customize the dashboard such as in Action Tiles and Sharp Tools but possibly being confused because the whole point of Hubitat was to migrate away from SmartThings. As I understand it, I had to remove my z-wave etc devices (which I did) to enable Hubitat to monitor etc these devices. Ideally, in a perfect world (for my knowledge level (or lack thereof) some sort of tutorial about kiosk's and dashboards (non-Hubitat - not dogging the dashboard but like the looks of ActionTiles etc better) would be wonderful. If it exists could you point me in that direction?

You can use sharptools with hubitat, that’s one alternative dashboard and there’s probably some info on the sharptools site about how to set it up. Action Tiles doesn’t work with Hubitat. There’s also the official documentation for the built-in dashboards at docs.hubitat.com. What other kind of tutorial did you have in mind?

1 Like