Daiken wifi split module smartthings to he migration

Hi,
I found that smartthings already support this
Can someone help me how to port it to hubitat, I'm .Net c# developer, would like if someone can point me in the right direction.

Regards
Marwan

Smartthings integration is here [RELEASE] Daikin WiFi Split System v1.4.1 - Community Created Device Types - SmartThings Community

Hello, and welcome to Hubitat. First, I am not a developer and I don't have this device, so you are not getting very knowledgeable advice from me.
That being said, I was able to save the SmartThings DTH in Hubitat by changing a couple of instances of physicalgraph to hubitat in the code. I created a virtual device with the new driver, which is refreshing on schedule but is showing an error for hubaction. I assume that is because I don't have an IP address to enter. Give it a try yourself with a logging tab open to watch for errors.

Further reading:
https://community.hubitat.com/t/app-and-driver-porting-to-hubitat/812

Also, I don't think it would be a bad idea to ask the original author if they mind this being ported to a different platform.

Good Luck

1 Like

This was a very easy port to do. There are 2 instances of physicalgraph that need to be changed to the word hubitat and everything else seems to function perfectly.

This only partially works for me. I changed those two instances but have some other strange behaviour. I cannot change temp or fan speed, and if I turn it on using the handler it changes to cooling mode no matter what I do. I'm not a programmer but I'm generally tech-savvy so I'm happy to provide assistance if someone else is working on a similar issue.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.