Cutting the landline cord - ways to integrate cell phones with POTS telephones

a few years ago I had a set of Uniden cordless phones that you could se up to also receive your cell phone calls when in Bluetooth range. worked decent enough. I think I got them at Costco. We eventually just bagged the house phone all together and stuck with just our cell phones. I rarely answer the phone anyway. I think we actually pay for a house phone with spectrum, even though we don't use it, because it cheaper to pay for the bundle than paying for internet alone.

That sounds a lot like me. I doubt I would put new $$$ into a system for distributing the mobile phones throughout the house, but the phone system I've had already does it, so why not. Makes the spouse happy.

And I have to admit the scenario I seek to avoid is being awaken in the middle of the night by burglars downstairs or fire breaks out and my realizing our phones are downstairs charging. It is nice to know I can dial 911 from any of 14 phones in the house.

Yeah. That was my thought at the time. I really would like to banish the cell phones from the bedroom, I think we would both sleep better. But trying to get my wife to go along with that idea is about like trying to turn the titanic around.