Customer has moved - New house has Control 4

Right, so that's a bit over specced for a space that sized.

Here's a smoking deal. C4 remote + controller for $360. Can control your HW system, no problem. The only issue would be the rack - how far from the controller and any required physical connections. But there are C4 drivers for Global Cache stuff too.

1 Like

The EA1 is a bit underpowered to run a whole house system. If you're running video/audio they used to recommend it for a single room as part of a larger installation. EA3 is probably the minimum for whole house, especially on the latest software.

We have C4 still running OS2. I keep putting off upgrading to the EA line.

1 Like

EA-1 is not likely underpowered unless you are wanting to control a bunch of AV stuff. I've seen EA-3s for about $300 on eBay. OS3 is a big upgrade and probably worth it.

2 Likes

I will have to investigate the Control 4 solution. Is it easy to change the password if we do not have it?

I'd ask the previous owner for the password. The website is https://customer.control4.com. Otherwise you'll need a dealer to transfer the equipment to a new account. You'll need a dealer anyway to do the OS upgrade. If you want to stay away from local dealers you can find remote programmers on https://www.c4forums.com/

4 Likes

I will partner up with a dealer for sure. I am still leaning towards moving all Electrical over and leaving the Control 4 for Audio. I can probably sell the Control 4 devices for close to the cost of the Lutron devices. The customer wants simple no matter what.

2 Likes

My neighbor that just moved in had the same situation. He ended up going with the Savant system for cameras and music. I helped with Hubitat for lighting and automation of everything else. He seems to enjoy it because he doesn't know any different. The Savant equipment is locked down tight and I don't want anything to do with it. Sounds like you are getting it figured out.

1 Like

Swap it out and replace with Caseta or RA2