Custom Icon per attribute state in a Dashboard Tile

I tried searching, so forgive me if this has been answered. I have a contact sensor that is connected to a low battery alert. I was able to change the tile icon to a battery. However, I cannot figure out how to tie the icon to a specific state. Example: Full battery when closed. Low battery when open. I do not want to change the global template, just this one tile. Is this possible? I would also like to change the attribute text, but read somewhere else that we cannot do that.

You can only do this by tile template per dashboard. So, changing it would change all the contact sensors on that dashboard. if you still want to do it, i can show you where.

Edit: You might be able to do it with CSS but I have no idea how that works, so i can't help you there.

Thanks @Ryan780. I did see already how to change the template, I have done that for a few already. I wish I could clone a template and customize it. My wife is annoyed by the fan tiles that have modes not relevant to our Lutron Caseta fan switches (I know they are mapped... but still lowers the WAF). While I am at it, I would also like to see an option to disable the motion temperature.

I would too...unfortunately, it's not an option currently.

I know this is an older post but FYI You can do this with smartly.

If you want to add a custom icon to smartly post requests here.

1 Like

How do you change the templare? I want dimmers to change the dimmer icon to high, low. Off as the slide is moved left to right.

The CSS Noobs thread should provide an answer, but let me see if I can find one for you...

1 Like

May need more info in what you are wanting. Do you want to use the dimmer template and still have the slider? Or are you happy to use a switch template and change the icon when on or off?

Actually, reading your post again... I think I get what you are after, but am not sure you can achieve that with one tile. I am expecting you will need to use two tiles, one using a virtual device to represent the icon.

Hopefully someone else can chime in with a better option than mine... Sorry.