Custom Graber Virtual Cord Z-wave+ Shades & Bali Autoview Z-wave+ Shades

I have 1 roller blind that has 1 remote, this works fine.
The question was for 3 separate shades that only have a single group remote to control them. Somehow this morning I was able to get hubitat to control all 3 of the group shades individually and get the physical group remote to control the shades also. Not sure what I did but it is working.

Any ideas on why hubitat allows grouping of dimmers but not shades?

Sorry about the delay. Been in agonizing pain from a tweaked knee and only really back since today.

I am not sure. Going to have to check it out on my end over the next few days and get back to you.

Get well soon

Also

Use the updated coupon: Hubitat-S

EDIT You're using the coupon for the Canadian Site on the US site. Hubitat-S for the US site.

I remember reading somewhere (can't find where now) that having more than 10 of these blinds on the same Z-wave network causes batteries to drain quickly. Am I remembering that correctly? Is that still a problem, and if so, are there any easy workarounds?

I have 6 of these shades installed now for about 2 weeks and the batteries are reporting 96% to 87% with Duracell batteries. That seems pretty reasonable to me. I can't imagine why more than 10 would cause an issue.

@jlupien @WindowWasher

The recommendation is there more so because of the sheer number of batteries you will be switching out. On larger sizes, you would use 16 batteries, and at 10 shades that's 160 batteries every year (if frequently used). For cases like that, we just recommend getting the rechargeable battery pack offered.

2 Likes

Promotions have been updated. You can find coupons here:

Black Friday: 42% off all motorized z-wave shades using coupons listed below. Expires Nov 30, 2021

More info at: Custom Graber Virtual Cord Z-wave+ Shades & Bali Autoview Z-wave+ Shades - #2 by ZebraBlinds

Coupons and promo's updated for December. 50% off Group Buy on going.

More info at: Custom Graber Virtual Cord Z-wave+ Shades & Bali Autoview Z-wave+ Shades - #2 by ZebraBlinds

Any newer promotions since December? Building a new house and would need quite a few shades.

I believe I should get the Multi Motor power supplies for graber z-wave shades right?

Thank you!

Probably a good idea. While they are not the worst on devouring batteries, each shade requires 8 AA batteries and they recommend using lithium batteries. With new construction it should be easy to hide the cords. I've never tried the little solar panel . . .

@technsf I'll have an update later today

@Eric.C.Miller We offer rechargeable battery packs now as an alternative. They are reliable and last between 6 - 12 months between recharges depending on size of shade and use.

That sounds like a great idea. Do you have a link so I can take a look? I have six sets of shades I bought from you two or three years ago. Since I am not building new, I would like to avoid having wires from the power supply the head of the shade.

@technsf Hubitat-S should be working. 36% off, which should be significant on the cellular shades, pleated shades and roman shades. On the roller shades it wouldn't make much of a difference since site discounts are about the same.

@Eric.C.Miller Rechargeable Battery Pack for Z-Wave Virtual Cord Shades

The price is higher when bought separately from the shade. If you are buying more than a few I would recommend contacting our support team.

Is this one of your products? I'm looking around for something to replace our 2" horizontal blinds.

Thank you!

@eibyer Never got a notification for this. Yep, that's our product, that's a video from my parents house actually lol

Edit, link: Graber Virtual Cord Z-Wave Mezzanine Layered Zebra Sheer Shades - blinds

Side note, but related to window coverings: NOTICE: New Canadian Window Covering Regulations For Child Safety - WINDOW TREATMENT – ZEBRA BLINDS CANADA

Currently only applies in Canada but similar changes are expected in the US in Q4 2022.

1 Like

Black Friday Promo's are live!

1. 40% off all Z-wave Shades, Coupon: BlackFriday-Zwave (expires Nov 25)
  2. 45% off all Z-wave Shades with extended lead times (8 - 14 weeks, usually 8 - 10 weeks), min order value $2000: BlackFriday-Zwave-E (expires Nov 14th, limited number of orders)

USA
Z-wave Shades: Smart Blinds - Smart Motorized Shades Z-wave Enabled - ZebraBlinds

Canada

Z-wave Shades: Smart Shades and Smart Blinds - Zebrablinds.ca

*NOTE: Lead times are typically 3 - 5 weeks for most orders however some orders have experienced an additional 2 - 3 week delay. Notices are sent out as we see delays.

1 Like