Curious about how folks are using energy monitoring

Probably something more must be done regarding the energy monitoring in Hubitat on platform level, rather than individual and custom solutions. As already done in other platforms.

I'm assuming some sort of app would help.

I've been trawling the webcore forums and have so far not had a great deal of success.

The aim, I'm assuming, would be to remove the reliance on individual drivers, but that's so far out of my realms of understanding I almost can't even see it through a massive telescope =p

I can't see the whole picture of what would be the dreamed Energy Management system in HE (note, not just monitoring, but some kind of management as well), but important part of it should be the energy cost calculation.

For example, in my country, the difference between the electricity daily rates and electricity night rates is 6 (six!) times! After adding 3 additional taxes that do not depend on the rate, the final energy price ratio between the daily and night rates becomes 2:1, but this is still a very big difference. This is because we have a big excess of electricity power capacity during the night hours that can not be consumed by the industrial customers. So a lot of people are planning and doing their high electricity consuming activities during the late evening/night hours. Every modern washing machine for example has a delayed start - something that many people are using.

1 Like

Bingo.