[Resolved]Creating / Editing Rules in RM 4.1 on 2.2.6 considerably slower than 2.2.5

Hi Folks,

I've updated my C5 to the latest version 2.2.6 last night, and ever since the update, I've noticed that creating new rules or editing existing rules in Rules Machine seems to be considerably slower than what it was in 2.2.5. Any time I go to click on something, i'm waiting anywhere from 5 to 10 seconds for things to load, and the blue circle in the upper right corner just circles away while making changes. Version 2.2.5 seemed to be a bit snappier in my opinion. All automations with Z-wave, Zigbee, and Lutron seem to be working fine and no delays there, just working within the Hubitat interface seems to be a bit slow.

Thanks!

Mike

Same here.

I should mention I am using a C5 hub. RM coding has come to a halt for me, it just too slow.

I have noticed that one of my hubs has been running quite a bit slower than the other since 2.2.6. It seems to be mostly fixed since rebooting the router and switch. According to Hub Watchdog, both hubs (both C-5) are slower on 2.2.6 than they have been in many months, averaging about double the latency. @gopher.ny any idea why?

Is the "slow" part exactly 15 seconds, by any chance?

For me, for the most part, it's exactly 5 seconds

I was finding things with nested/consecutive IF-THEN-ELSEs to be 10-15 secs to do anything. Sometimes it was like 30 secs. Super slow.

Not that I’m aware. It may have been around that to change tabs in the ui prior to rebooting everything. Times are much better on Hub Watchdog after rebooting my router and switch, and this is reflected in ui responsiveness, but Hub 2 had been averaging 0.06 for months now with only about 0.005 fluctuation. This is a virtual switch on hub 2 btw, so should be network independent.

I currently have 2.2.6.129 on a C7.

I've found RM rule creation to be agonizingly slow. I figured it was the nature of the beast. However after reading the above I cleared my Chrome cache are made a test rule. It was amazingly fast.

At this point I can't decide if the previously slow response was Chrome or Hubitat. My interned is fairly responsive, I'm going to see if I can set chrome to clear the cache at each (Chrome) shutdown.

Do you see a difference in speed depending on how many IF/THEN/ELSE blocks you have nested and consecutive?

Nothing much changed in RM for 2.2.6 from earlier releases.

I cleared my cache in Chrome and was still extremely slow for me. It's quite frustrating trying to edit and create rules with it being this slow, it's a bit frustrating. I may have to roll back to 2.2.5 :slightly_frowning_face:

Did you try rebooting your network devices? For whatever reason, this eliminated most of the ui slowness. Though it’s still not back to its normal speediness, it effected my hub with 2 Hue bridges attached much more than my other hub.

Bruce, Its been slow for some number of firmware versions. It seems its always been like this but I can't put my finger on when it might have been faster.

I'm going to keep my cache clear and see how it goes.

Having said that, the automations seem to run fine. I'd almost say perfect but only a few have rules I can observe. Many of my rules turn lights on at a sunset + offset and off at 11:15 PM. Neither do I care if they are lagging a few minutes.

Yeah, I restarted my network stack and the Hubitat, and the Lutron Caseta hub, and still the same slowness.

Just edited an existing rule and it was painfully slow. Definitely something has been introduced in 2.2.6 as I have never had an issue like this before after updating to any other new software build.
Unless I wait and confirm that the change has taken it is easy to mess up a rule by doing things too early.
@bravenel I know you said nothing much changed with RM in 2.2.6 but something has certainly slowed things up for me.
This is an RM4.0 rule BTW.

EDIT: It may be more of a build issue as swapping between menus is slightly slower too.

2 Likes

I agree, I'm having the same issue, and swapping between menus is slightly slower too. I rolled back to 2.2.5.131 and the slowness went away. Later in the day, went back to 2.2.6.129 and the slowness came right back.

I’m hoping for a fix since my automations are still running fine so far. I’m still seeing slower ui response times for both hubs, but noticeably slower on the hub that has most of the Rule Machine and Motion Lighting rules. Previously that was the faster of the two for as long as I’ve had it. Hub Watchdog correlates with double the execution time on the slower hub and 50% longer than normal on the other.

Would you guys see if changing the Display current values toggle affects this.

See if you turn that off, if the speed is back to what you had before. This would only affect the UI speed for that rule, not anything else. Is the slowness you're seeing going beyond RM?

Mine is slower all around, not just RM, but waiting 5 seconds for the device page to load and lag when switching tabs. I’m not home atm. Is that setting also in scenes? I have quite a few scenes in use on the hub that’s slower now.