CR2 Battery Recommendation

I've had success with Amazon Basics.

Sold out on Woot :(. Available on Amazon directly for $50, which is still a good price if they're good quality.

1 Like

At 50 cents a piece, I had to give Tenergy a try! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for that! I was wondering about that brand. Just ordered a bunch from Battery Junction. I haven't had much luck with Amazon either.

2 Likes

I've used tenergy before, both rechargeable & regular, solid performers.

Currently with my Iris V2 motion sensors I am using EBL RCR2 batteries. I get 8months-1 year on the rechargeables, depending on activity level

2 Likes

Yeah, i like Battery Junction too. But lately I've been pretty frustrated with their "in stock" accuracy. Two orders in a row...in stock turns out to be "in stock 3 months from now" after ive ordered! Grrrr.

S.

1 Like

I've switched to using EBL rechargeable CR2s for my Iris v2 motion and contact sensors. (at least for the indoors ones; ones in the garage and outside I still use non-rechargeables)

This has a charger and 8 batteries:
https://www.amazon.com/EBL-Rechargeable-Batteries-Lithium-Battery/dp/B07RGQFBN1

This is just 8 batteries
https://www.amazon.com/EBL-Rechargeable-Batteries-Rangefinder-Boresighter/dp/B07RZRYKGF

4 Likes

FYI to All. I fried a wink z-wave+ siren using RCR123's at 4.17 volts, instead of the usual 3.6 volt non-rechargeable. The iris motion sensors, so far, don't seem to mind the additional 0.6 volts with rechargeable CR2's. I was prior using Soshine RCR2's which are at the proper voltage, but became hard to find and very expensive(along with everything else)

1 Like

Literally just happened to me - went from next week to looking at next month delivery. Thinking about calling and cancelling. :angry:

1 Like

I'm going to switch over to rechargeables on my Iris motion sensors - wanted to onfirm no issues w/the rechargeable EBL's not fitting properly, being larger/longer than standard CR2's?

1 Like

I've had no problems with them fitting inside my Iris v2 contact and motion sensors.

(That was my concern initially: Deals: Batteries for things (mostly U.S.) - #15 by jlv - Deals - SmartThings Community)

I've bought 40 of the EBL RCR2s at this point, but so far I only have about 8 in use. I have over 80 of these sensors, and they all got new batteries in 2020, so sometime in the next 12 months I expect them all to get used.

2 Likes

The RCR2 fit well in most devices including the Iris motion sensor. The only problem I had was with the Iris flood sensor, it fit but in removing it I tore the wrapper on the battery

2 Likes

FYI, Woot Tenergy CR2's are back:
Tenergy CR2 3V Lithium Battery - $34.19 - Free shipping for Prime members https://electronics.woot.com/offers/tenergy-cr2-3v-lithium-battery-5?utm_medium=share&utm_source=app

Edit: Welp, not anymore...

2 Likes

@scottgu3 , @bertabcd1234 wanted to say at long last I received the batteries I wanted from Battery Junction. Decided to just wait it out and not go for their seemingly "bait and switch" offer.. probably wont be buying from them again.

:mantelpiece_clock: :rage: :mantelpiece_clock: :man_shrugging: :mantelpiece_clock: :battery: :rofl:

1 Like

This used to not be as big of an issue (probably started in spring of 2020...), but nowadays you do need to pay attention to the ship time/stick dates of their products. Maybe should have mentioned that. :slight_smile: A human will often reach out to you offering to swap products for something similar in stock. Sometimes they'll ship things as they arrive (they used to let you choose, without charge; not sure if that's still the case).

None of that has stopped them from being my favorite yet...except time, because if I'm in a crunch then I'll resort to Amazon Prime or Target. But usually... :slight_smile: (And I'm hoping the few rechargeable CR2 and CR123A cells I'm trying out might make those situations fewer and farer between. Another story.)

Looking forward to your feedback on that.

I am okay with slipped shipping schedules - just the times we live in. However when an item is advertised as "in stock" then when you go to checkout they say it will not ship for another month and would you consider this other product instead this seems kind of disingenuous. I get that they are probably accumulating orders and bulk purchasing direct from China.. but they should be open about it and the potential shipping dates up front.

After placing my order I received 2 delay of shipping notices - they really did not want me to buy those particular batteries it seems. To be fair maybe I'm an isolated case but I have never had this happen before and first impressions kind of count for a "new" potential vendor. I am less likely to trust them given the overall experience.

I'm on the fence about them truthfully. I recieved my much delayed order of CR2s from them on the same day as @erktrek, and to be fair, they came through. But, the "in stock", but not really thing is very irritating to be honest.

Having said that, I've noticed this same BS with Amazon lately too. "In stock, will ship tomorrow if you order within the next 15, 14, 13 mins" then it suddenly has a shipping date two days hence when it goes in your cart.

Wierd. Disengenuous indeed.

S.

2 Likes

The thing I've been noticing about Amazon is stealth price fluctuations.. I've had products in my cart jump $10 in price all of a sudden. You have to be very careful and pay attention.

This product started life around $43.00 and then when it was in my cart it jumped to $49 with no alert so I put it in the "save for later" holding spot. There it's bounced around in price here is the most recent.

nr743

:rage:

1 Like

Curious -- are they marketplace sellers or Amazon...I clearly need to keep a better eye on this. I remember in the early days, Amazon was a bit squirrelly with pricing, but back then it was variability between buyers....

S

1 Like

It's the "ThermaCell store" so maybe the company? Dunno... also price just changed again! :man_facepalming:

I suspect there is some funky pricing algorithm doing this..

edit: just CHANGED AGAIN!!!!! in less than 30 mins..

and again, back to the first price..

2 Likes