Could it be? 2.2.2.125 Fixed the slowdown problem?

I am running a C5, with new C7 on the way as soon they ship.

LJ

Thank you for pointing this out. We will add it to the docs. This existed for as long as /shutdown and /reboot existed, is just not commonly used, or included in the Diagnostic Tool, that's why is not there.

1 Like

Running on a C5. Before 2.2.2 I had to reboot the hub every 72 hours due to the hub slowing down. Running on 2.2.2.123 that time has extended 112 hours before the slowdown hits. So things have improved but the problem hasn't been solved.

Observing my hub's slowdown I do not experience a tapering off in performance. For me the hub performs consistently then within a short period of time (about an hours time) performance drops off significantly. If I don't reboot within another 24 hours the hub is almost crippled. Instead of the nightly system backup taking a minute or so, it sometimes just hangs never completing. The hub is still running but the lag is terrible.

Per the topic title you're still an update behind and don't have the "fix" yet.

Definitely better for me, but I too am just finding I need to reboot less frequently. Still slows down after a while.

@gopher.ny

OMG, What a difference a day makes. After about 36 hours with no slowdowns, the delays did start to come back at about 8PM. They rapidly increased to a constant state and stayed that way throughout the night. The hub restarted the Hubitat process at least twice in the night but the slowdowns continued constantly.

I then upgraded to 2.2.2.126 this morning, and the slowdowns continued in a constant state. I have fully rebooted at least twice, and Hub Watchdog has restarted the Hubitat process twice and the hub is still in a constant state of slowdown.

So now It appears worse than before. I am tempted to roll back to 2.2.2.125 for now and see if that gets better. This is strange. :exploding_head:

LJ

sad news that it's not fixed, I was hopeful and followed this forum for all those users having problems

On the plus side, they never advertised this release as "the fix" - just some things that directionally should have helped. More to come, as they say - maintain hope. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s also never been clear (to me, at least) that there is one “problem” that leads to hub slowdowns or freezes. Meaning that it may not make sense to expect a single “fix” will resolve the issues that some of us have experienced.

1 Like

UPDATE: Before rolling back to 2.2.2.125 I chose to scour my logs to see if I could identify an offender. I noticed I was getting a lot of warning messages from Hubitat Dashboard app. I then went around to check all my panels and I found one that was stuck in some sort of loop or frozen. I reloaded the panel and now I am back to normal.

I am not sure I can identify the exact Dashboard because I am running the great app HubiPanel by a great young coder named @CordMaster. This app loads all the chosen Dashboards into a menu on the panel itself and then provides a rapid switching mechanism between dashboards which are kept up to date in the background. I have had no issues with this app at all, and not read of anyone else having any issues at all. This may have been a one off issue but reloading this panel has stopped the constant slowdown seen over the last 14 hours.

I will continue to observe and share.

LJ

2 Likes

Ok, looks like dashboard code is going to be getting some TLC over the next few days. Can't say what's broken since I haven't seen similar slowdowns, but it will go through some stress tests that will hopefully identify the problem.

9 Likes

I can't say that I have seen this particular issue before either. At least not that demonstrated this number of warning messages and an instant and clear stoppage of slowdown after resetting the dashboard. this was unusual and "might" be just a one off, but any testing would be appreciated.

LJ

I've noticed issues if I leave a dashboard open on a inactive app on my phone, its fine in the foreground but if I don't end chrome on my phone I have z-wave issues, I'm on an external stick

I have suspected that in the past as well but haven't been able to prove it due to the reboots i was doing each night.

LJ

@gopher.ny

UPDATE: 24 hours later. After correcting what appeared to be the one-off issue yesterday with my dashboard, the system is running great with no automated reboots due to slowdowns. The slowdown during nightly maintenance still happens but is understandable. I had two momentary instances of a slight slowdown but they were back to normal within one minute. So in my opinion, the old issue is looking great so far.

LJ

6 Likes

I think some of the issues may have been kernel or driver issues. I do wish we got some more insight into OS level changes with the release notes...but I understand why we don't.

I don't want to be unpolite, but I have to deny your statement. The sulfuric acid doesn't stink at all. It's a heavy sirupy liquid with "almost" no odour. What you smell is other derivated sulfur products like hydrogen sulfur (H2S), aka the well known rotten eggs.
Onions do contains sulfur products that give them this specific smell. But it's not sulfuric acid :man_shrugging:

Trust me, I was a chemist in a (not so long ago) previous life.
Regards.

2 Likes

You have misread what I wrote. I didn't use the word "stink", I used the word "sting". And it is the sulfuric acid that makes your eyes sting when you cut an onion.

3 Likes

Aaaargh. I'm dead. Ok, Apologies. English is my... 4th language. Sorry :pensive:

I could erase my post to quit that hall of shame, but I'll live with it, forever :vulcan_salute:

11 Likes

No worries.

Nice to have a fellow chemist here - my degree is in chemistry, but I'm more of a microbiologist by trade now.

4 Likes