CORS error on Maker API

@bcopeland @bravenel any solution please? Shall I log a support ticket?

No ticket necessary.. It is being tested.. Hopefully the patch will be out this morning

2.2.2.127 should fix it .. If you want to try again

After updating to 2.2.2.127, I'm seeing these errors in the log:

EDIT: App:353 is a makerAPI instance.

@bcopeland After updating to 2.2.2.127, I get this error on Node-Red:

I re-checked all configurations.

Here's the log:

Thanks for the feedback .. bouncing it back to to the engineer working on the issue

Now I need to remember how to roll back to an earlier version...

Settings Menu, Back and Restore, then the non obvious link at top

Thanks, already figured it out.

I was having this same problem, and just upgraded to 2.2.2.129 and it solved my problems too!

3 Likes

I'm away on holiday so will check the fix for my setup when I get back home soon!

1 Like

Just got back from holiday and it looks like the bug is fixed for me. My dashboard is now updating again properly. Thank you!

Now that I'm making more use of Hubitat I need CORS support. When 40 or so endpoints and dynamic addresses I can't maintain a list of all of them. I need a flag that opens up CORS for all my local addresses.

You have 40 or so web apps connecting to Hubitat and the only problem is you can't maintain a list of the apps? Interesting.

CORS has no mechanism for this. How would you imagine specifying/defining what "all local addresses" means?

1 Like

I do this all the time on my own software -- I simply do CORS for all local connections. CORS says nothing at all about the policy -- it's up to the app to decide which connections to accept. An "accept all" or "accept all local" would work just fine.

As to managing a list of over 250 endpoints that are constantly changing. That's why I chose to use DHCP for your home network. It is the computer's job to keep track not mine

192.168.0.1/*

Yes. Also DHCP info or "private address range" or 172.20.0.1/22.

OK... OK... OK...

This thread is specifically for Maker API. A general discussion on CORS, or name resolution, should be moved to a new thread.

CORS is essential for using hte Maker API from the browser.