Convert Rule from RM3 to RM4

I have an existing RM3 rule below. I wanted to modify the playAnnouncement which is a custom action. I don't see the option anymore to edit or even add another one. So I decided to re-create in RM4. Can't quite figure out how to make the same thing happen in RM4. So some help would be appreciated.

All I'm doing is monitoring certain doors to see if they get left open then notify me. here is my RM3 rule.

Try this.....

Triggers: All those doors changed

Actions:

IF (Select doors above) any are open THEN
      Notify Pushover
      Play announcement
      Cancel Delayed actions
 ELSE
      Delay 0:10:00 (cancel)

Not quite what I am looking for.

If any of the selected doors remain open for 10 minutes then I want a notification. If the door is closed within those 10 minutes then no notification.

Still not sure why I can't edit the existing RM3 rule. But the one item doesn't show up when I go into the actions again.

Ok, here is my latest attempt. But not sure on the delay. I only want the delay on the first IF, not the second. Will this work that way?

Put the delay in the first if
If (any open) then
delay 10 min (cancel)
notify
close()
else
Cancel delay
open()
end if

but here is another issue :slight_smile: if you open one door, then go open a second door, I think you will get 2 notifications. I am hoping to use local vars to stop this.... I have found that I use 2 rules one to set a global var that I use to trigger the notification rule.

1 Like

I don't see that working either. I don't want to be notified 10 minutes later if the door open only if it is still open.

There's always an issue with a second door, but that happens so rarely I can live with it.

I did change my rule to reverse the IF statements. So I'll see if that works.

I wouldn't have this problem at all if I could edit my RM3 rule, but there is no option to edit or delete actions anymore.

This is what the Cancel on the delay and the Cancel Delay in the Else part accomplish. You will only get the message if the door has been left open continuously for 10 minutes.

OK, I see it now. Sometimes the brain doesn't catch up to the eyeballs.

Any idea why I can't edit or delete actions in the RM3 rule?

Anybody figure this out? I'm searching through the topics but couldn't find the exact thing I'm looking for.

Basically RM3 is gone so I am rewriting to RM4. Harder to figure out with the Cancel on Truth gone. So need this in RM4:

Trigger
Front Door Opens

Action (abstract since I"m still trying to figure a nice way to do this)
If front door is left open for 5 minutes then speak a message
Repeat speaking message every 5 minutes until front door is closed.

My guess for RM4 is something like this but it's not straight forward

Trigger: Front Door contact Changed
Action:
if front door is open
speak message : delay 5 minutes (cancelable)
else
cancel delayed actions
end if

I'm guessing this is too simplified and I probably need a variable somewhere.

Update: seems to work and repeat the message every 5 minutes until the door is closed without me using the Repeat command. That's great since it's working but I have no idea how that's working.

How about this?

Looks nice and clean. Hopefully has been working for you. Mine seemed to work too and was simple but mine should not work based on no repeat. I will switch to your example method once mine breaks down and goes awry. THanks a bunch! I'm still getting used to RM4 I guess.