Control ceiling fan and lights

Got it.... works beautifully!!!
Thanks for your help

1 Like

Most welcome

1 Like

No the wall switch only turns on/off the power outlets in the room

I am thinking of switching from ST to HE. I have 2 of these fan light controllers and they do not work with the ST new app. I have been using the remote that came with them for a few months. What I am asking here is, is this wink fan light controller totally compatible with HE. I would hate to switch and found out I can't use them.

Yep, mine works great. There is a built in driver for them.

I have 4 of them and they are all working well with Hubitat.. but I caution you, they are known for having a 'weak antenna' -- in the sense that they LOVE repeaters. I have, and must have, a repeater in each room with the Hampton Bay Fan Controller (HBFC).

You can get a great deal on the Iris v2 wall sockets on ebay, Set of 10 for $50 that kind of thing.

You can open them up and replace the antennas and I really wish I had gone that path. I hate the wall wart plugs because it makes for a convenient failure.. when some family member decides to unplug one. I don't get why, they can just use the outlet on the face of the plug, but no, they unplug them, and hide them in a nearby drawer.. because they are in fact, ugly. :smiley:

Amazon has the replacement antennas and they are cheap even compared to the ebay Iris v2 sockets. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did that, and I have links to which antennas I recommend in one of my old posts.

1 Like

Thanks for the input. I have a few Sylvania outlets on my ST system and they work really well. I have another question for you guys, The ST IDE has a route function that shows the route the signal is taking through your devices. Does HE have something like this? I found it very helpful in diagnosing poor signal areas in my home. I also found that almost all signals are sent to a repeater first then onward to the specific device.

No, that's a rather new feature to ST and hasn't made it to Hubitat. It has come up.. others have asked for it. :smiley: Hubitat has been mum.

There is Zigbee logging, and Child and Route info pages in Hubitat, but it sounds like Smartthings has something different?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.