Considering Hubitat - a few questions

Also have to mention if you are into things Apple and their echosystem there is an opensource software program called homebridge you can run on a secondary computer and have all your HE devices talk to Apple Home... very nice replacement for dashboard and simple automations.

2 Likes

ZigBee 3.0 is a amalgamation of all the standards and some other stuff. I don't think that is the direct reason they work better though. It's true that ZigBee 3.0 must now correctly fall back to the other standards and route other device in this case HE is 1.2 so should be working like that. In the past the issue with older lamps are that A they are ZigBee LL and so were designed to route and handles LL products. Then B the consensus is that the memory on these was not very good so were falling over when trying to handle full ZigBee 1.2 networks.

Still 2.4GHz but for me my ZigBee network is much better even though it have more z-wave devices in better places. For me ZigBee just works and is faster.

Just old osram mini and button controllers. I don't use them much but when they used to route through the old lamps , when I did they would take a few presses to do anything. Now even if it's been weeks or months they work on the 1st press.

I wouldn't recommend anything less than ZigBee 3.0 now due to the improvements I have seen. Sunricher seems to be the best manufacturers for ZigBee stuff.

2 Likes

This is the one I use. Works great!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.