[SOLVED] Connect Google Home

Good morning all, I'm hoping someone here can help. I just got HE and fired it up on Friday. After adding a couple devices I installed the Google Home app and everything connected fine. I was able to tell Google to turn on / off the outlet I had added. Last night I added a few more devices and was trying to get Home to control them and couldn't find anything in the Home app. (I now know to go into HE to add them to Google Home). But anyway, I unlinked my HE from Google Home and tried to relink and now I keep getting the error "Couldn't update the setting. Check your connection". My HE is connected and I can access it from my computer, my computer is connected to the network and I have internet access, but I keep getting the same error. It doesn't even get me to the HE login screen.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong? I have restarted the Google Home app and rebooted my HE.

It has been brought to our attention that there is a problem on Google side not properly clearing prior authorizations. Here is a community post from someone who was experiencing similar issues. It may help you sort out the problems you are experiencing.

12 Likes

That fixed it thank you very much for your help!

1 Like

Anybody else still having this issue? I too added new devices, disconnected Hubitat and tried to relink, same issue, only removing Hubitat from security tab did not fix the problem for me....

2 Likes

Yup. Works for a bit, then doesn't. My lenovo smart clock never has a problem controlling the lights, but my HE was only able to send TTS for a day or so, and then stopped. I have yet to 'Unlink' and relink. I tried to reboot HE, and rerun discover process but those steps did not re-establish the connection.

Tried to unlink and getting the same error.

I don't know if it's the same, but I'm having an issue as well where I'm able to link devices, but if I put them in rooms the device shows as unreachable.

I get to the point where I select the devices to authorize but after I select the devices and then click authorize, I get the following error:
"Couldn't update the settings. Please check you connection."

I figured it out. During the process of troubleshooting I removed the app and readded it. When I did that the app ID changed. I updated the app ID in Google test app and it fixed it.

Where is it that you are/were entering the ID?

Where you put in the hub ID on the Google website.

I have a different issue now though. I am trying to add 9 fans, but each time at least one of them at random will show not responding in the Google app. I tried rejoining and each time a different one shows not responding.

They work fine in Hubitat though.