New HE user here, sharing my experience/confusion.
- Wanting to use the Firmware Updater app.
- Choose Apps off left sidebar.
- Add Built-In App button.
- Choose "Device Firmware Updater" from the list.
- App pops up and you can interact with it.
- Press the GEAR icon in the upper right of the popup app and its the empty skeleton of all the app options (no events, nothing changable, etc), but does have a "Remove Device FIrmware Updater" button at the bottom right.
- When you pop out of the Device Firmware Updater app, its not actually added to your app list.
Confusion for a new user. Did I do something wrong? Where did it go?
It doesn't get added (even though you pressed the Add Built-In Apps" button to find it. It has buttons that say "Remove..." but it never gets added so you can't remove it either.
I'm guessing its sorta an app (more of a utility) that doesn't really NEED to get added, but its using the same framework the other apps use. Still confusing the first time you try to interact with it.
Would suggest making the workflow different for not-really-an-app apps like these.