Compatible Devices List

The Zigbee Alliance actually calls out a set of preferred channels
ZigBee - Channels 11, 14, 15, 19, 20, 24, and 25 selected to best co-exist with wifi networks. I assume that selecting one of these would provide the best performance possible even if there were an overlapping wifi channel in same frequency band (like from a neighbors house). Of course I stumbled over this nugget of wisdom after setting my Hubitat to channel 18 (which, fortunately, has worked well for me)

Good info on the 3rd party note, I really don't understand Zigbee Firmware at all so that is good to know. Also good to know because I viewed peanut's as good affordable power monitors to set room occupancy, I will look elsewhere now.

As for ST getting the drop on HE, that is very true. Makes me all the more happy I took the time to scan and reset to channel 15. As for 25 and 26, the link I posted earlier would contend the sideband lobes can still interfere if your WiFi is using spreadspectrum and up on 11. Either way, I think it's really important for those migrating from other hubs to consider frequency overlap.

Yeah, but its not just wifi interference to contend with. Nest's put out there own zigbee like signal (thread) and some power meters and solar inverters do as well. To make matters worse, some audio video receivers, cable boxes, etc also now have 2.4g zigbee based remotes that do peer to peer.

Throw in a hue bridge (also a separate zigbee channel) and a few noisy neighbor wifi APs and the spectrum can be pretty full, pretty fast. The good news, is it can work with the right mix.

The key is not to have a device close to a potential source of interference.

I wish someone would make a decent zigbee / wifi rf scanner that would give you some idea of what is going on in places in your house that wasn't $1k+

I use this. I don't know if it's "decent" though.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en_US

The key is not to have a device close to a potential source of interference.

^^ very true. Though a bit dated, this is a pretty good whitepaper on Zigbee performance when contending with overlapping wifi channels and it expands a bit on the point you made: https://acuitysupport.zendesk.com/hc/article_attachments/210738367/ZigBee_-_WiFi_Coexistence,_Thonet.pdf

The good news is that Zigbee and wifi were designed to coexist (the bad news: the design and wifi usage patterns it was based on is more than a decade old)

Yes, and Wifi now has channel bonding up to 4 adjacent channels which can flood lower zigbee channels.

Best case scenerio, go 5ghz for your wifi and disable 2.4g if at all possible.

Out of habit (and lack of any issues) I always set my primary zigbee hub to 25 and my wifi channels to the lower end to avoid any potential interference.

I do have 7 zigbee hubs currently running in my house. But thankfully I don't have many neighbors with wifi flooding the spectrum.

So with the lutron shades how are they communicating to HE? Is it just wifi?

Lutron devices use a proprietary protocol to communicate with a Lutron bridge, which then communicates with Hubitat over the LAN with Telnet.

At least that’s how all their switches and dimmers work, I’m assuming it’s the same with the shades (I have some z-wave shades but no Lutron shades).

Yes, lutron shades use clear connect and pair to the pro bridge just as all their other devices do.

Hey there. Sorry this is an old post. Did you do anything to get your dimming working correctly for these IKEA bulbs? I'll try the device type you suggested later. I used the device type somebody made for SmartThings.
I've been wondering if I have to cycle it on and off 4 times quickly then hit the configure button to program it...

Think this is more for users in Aus but anyone have the Aeotec zwave garage door opener working with Hubitat? I'm going to try to install it today and just want to check anything should be aware of.

What device type are you using for this? In the Type field, I can only see the Iris 4 Button Fob, and the Iris button Controller.

It should discover as generic zigbee contact.

Thanks @mike.maxwell, it did, I just wasn't sure if there was meant to be a specific Iris one for it or not.

I just paired 2 of the Visonic MCT-340 E's and both came up with the Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor device type instead of the Generic Zigbee Contact Sensors.

I have several others out of the same order that were paired several months ago that paired correctly as contact sensors.

Th Homeseer HS-MS100+ Z-wave motion sensor appears identical to the Zooz ZSE18 in all its setting, format, parameters and options.

The Hubitat native driver for ZSE18 for this works better than the driver I ported from Homeseer for the MS100+ on both devices.

I've supplied the fingerprint to support so that the device can be recognized rather than the default "device" type if appropriate.

I like the form factor, price and usb ports of both of these sensors.

I can report the following works:

Salus SP600 Smart Plug

This is a cheap Zigbee power outlet available in the UK on Amazon and Ebay. Cheapest on Ebay at £22.95. Salus is part of Computime.

It works with the Generic Zigbee Outlet for on/off switching. I've not been able to get the power reporting to work though. The reviews on Amazon say the power reporting works on Smartthings with their generic driver, apart from being out by a factor of ten. So not sure what needs to be done on Hubitat to get the power usage reporting working.

The fingerprint is:

Manufacturer: Computime
Product Name: Device
Model Number: SP600
deviceTypeId: 16
manufacturer:Computime
address64bit:001E5E0902132C90
address16bit:E96C
model:SP600
basicAttributesInitialized:true
application:09
endpoints.09.manufacturer:Computime