Compatible Devices List

Sounds great!

Yeah, I think it's interesing as well. RFID tags seems like a neat solution for arming/disarming, or a even more secure solution combined with a PIN code. Maybe different configurations for different occasions, a short "Away" or a longer "Holiday" etc.

I don't know if the keypad is available for US as well, or EU only?

Yup, North American freq as well.

Looks like there’s a version for AUS as well. :+1:t2:

Any chance the tone capability could be added to the default ST Arrival Sensor drivers like in Smartthings Hub?

Link to the ST DTH showing the Tone capability:

Anyone else have a Bond Hub? https://bondhome.io/. This device is working well for me. I have 5 ceiling fans defined and I can tell Alexa "Turn theater fan on 50 percent". I put my remotes away. No wiring needed.

It would be awesome if I could set up some rules, i.e.," if cooling point is reached, make sure fans are on." something like that.

Lutron Maestro Fan Control

Bond can send RF or IR commands to fans, but i believe it can’t get a confirmation that the command was received. So even if there were a way to integrate with HE, you couldn’t really “make sure” your fans turned on, because Bond doesn’t know whether the fan actually responded to its command.

That’s one reason why I prefer the Hampton Bay zigbee fan controller; as a zigbee device it can report its status back to the controller.

BTW, you can integrate HE with Bond by using IFTTT.

Thanks @marktheknife. Can you provide a link to the device you're speaking of? I'm always interested to improve things.

The Bond, was so, so easy to install and get working and didn't require climbing up ladders and disassembling fans or any rewiring all, for a pretty small price of $99 for all 5 of my ceiling fans. So despite the lack of a status, it would be nice to be able to issue start or stop commands based on a rule.

Just search for Hampton Bay here and on ST community where it started. If you Don’t want to climb up a ladder and re-wire then it’s not for you.

Since it’s such a pain to reset, calling it an improvement is debatable. What might be more promising is the Sonoff fan controller, but there isn’t a driver at this stage, and it’s unknown if there will be one. Also, as was pointed out in the thread, the Sonoff fan controller is not UL or CSA approved.

Oh if only Lutron would come up with a Caseta fan controller similar to their Maestro fan control and dimmer. Caseta and Maestro don't talk unfortunately but I have used the Maestro controllers prior to my movement to Home Automation and they work great.

I agree, that would be ideal. I think I read around here (or maybe ST forum) that one reason they haven’t is that the smart fan control switches are currently limited to their higher-end product lines so perhaps they are trying to keep it that way.

As for the Hampton bay zigbee fan controller, I know the strength of their zigbee radio can make it painful to deal with them. Although I’ve never had that much trouble and it seems as though most people’s issues can be solved by strengthening the zigbee mesh.

But I agree, if getting on a ladder or dealing with wiring is a huge negative for someone, then it’s not the best option.

The sonoff controller looks interesting, but without reputable safety lab certifications of some type, I’m passing on that one.

There is an RA2 fan controller the works with the RA2 Select bridge, so at least they have a mid-range option available.

I agree with you 100% on the Maestro fan controllers. I have two of them right now. When they first launched the RA2 Select bridge, they had a specific Maestro fan controller that worked with it, but they have since replaced it with an RA2.

I read a thread were someone tried to build an interface to the maestro control signal, but eventually gave up and instead added relays to control the on/off and speed buttons. Something I’ve actually considered in the past myself.

Any Idea whether this monoprice sensor will work with hubitat? It's cheap enough that I would buy it and just try it, but I'm still on the fence about switching over from smartthings to hubitat, so I'd like to find something this cheap that will work regardless of which direction i go.

Monoprice Z-Wave Plus Recessed Door/Window Sensor, NO LOGO

It won't let me add a link or I would add it.

I've been thinking about trying that one out, but it would be to just replace an existing (and working) older Monoprice (external) door/window sensor. It looks like this, but I believe it's only z-wave, not plus.

I have a feeling the item you reference will work fine as a "Generic Z-Wave Contact Sensor". Whoever tests it out first will have to let everyone know what happens (and add it to the Wiki if successful).

I use their Recessed Door Sensor version and it works fine via the Generic Z-Wave Contact Sensor.

I only have one because it's too sensitive. I mount these in the hinge side of the door jamb. The sensor goes into the jamb and the magnet goes into the door. Well, an open door has the magnet 2-3 inches away, max? This device senses about 2.5" I could get a less sensitive magnet to insert in their holder... OR mount it on another edge. But it makes a great Test device, since I've run out of doors to sense :smiley:

I have the recessed monoprice sensors all over my house and really like them. Both on external doors and on a few internal doors. Internal because lights can start turning on as soon as the door is cracked instead of waiting for motion for a little quicker response. Mine are installed on the top edge on the opening side, so they trigger as soon as the door cracks open.

It works fine with the generic driver.

With this twice confirmed second hand info, I'll update the wiki list.

I just installed a Osram Smart+ Outdoor Plug (SMART+ Outdoor Plug | OSRAM Lamps). It isn't identified by Hubitat, but works with the Generic Zigbee Outlet driver.. ish.

Pairing info

manufacturer:OSRAM
address64bit:7CB03EAA00AB310A
address16bit:3C5B
model:Plug 01
basicAttributesInitialized:true
application:90
endpoints.03.manufacturer:OSRAM
endpoints.03.idAsInt:3
endpoints.03.inClusters:1000,0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,0B04,FC0F
endpoints.03.endpointId:03
endpoints.03.profileId:C05E
endpoints.03.application:90
endpoints.03.outClusters:0019
endpoints.03.initialized:true
endpoints.03.model:Plug 01
endpoints.03.stage:4

I can turn it off and on, and that works fine. However, the switch state isn't updating unless I manually push Refresh. Then it can read and display the correct state.

Any ideas? :slight_smile:

Have your pressed CONFIGURE on the device's detail page? That sends a configuration message to the device, including how it should report status updates. I am not sure if this works with the Osram device, but it does work well with most other devices.

I have! No cigar. :confused: