Compatible Devices List

I am at work right now, will post the driver and also send the reporting stuff tonight when I get home :grin:

Who said mode didn’t work?, @denise.grider said Auto mode isn’t supported by the device, which is true.

The built in driver for this was just released in the latest build, in any event, everything that’s shown under current states in the screen shot below is updated with the values received from the device, after the execution of physical or digital commands.

With the exception of battery anyway, that will only update when it changes.

Thanks, I don’t need the driver, (see above), but the report cluster and attribute to fetch the state of the hold button is of interest, thanks.

Absolutely nobody! Did not mean to suggest it either :peace_symbol:
I couldn’t remember it being discussed either way and so was just idly musing about potential scenarios, admittedly unlikely ones.

Very cool, informational screenshot btw - this is in release 710?

yes

Since we’re talking thermostats, I’m curious about Honeywell Wi-Fi support, presumably through the Honeywell Total Connect web interface. If it’s through the Honeywell interface, then we lose local processing but, if that’s all we’ve got, then that’s all we’ve got.

If I search this forum, I see zero mentions of Honeywell (in particular, Wi-Fi) thermostats. Maybe it’s there and obvious to everyone but me :blush:. Can someone give me HE’s position on this?

Thermostat Suggestions / Honeywell TCC on the dashboard?

Thanks Bruce - I will order it straight away

Regards
Andre

Here is the cmds I use:

def cmds =
[
“zdo bind 0x${device.deviceNetworkId} 1 1 0x0001 {${device.zigbeeId}} {}”, “delay 500”,
“zcl global send-me-a-report 0x0001 0x20 0x20 3600 86400 {}”, “delay 500”, //battery report request
“send 0x${device.deviceNetworkId} 1 1”,
“zdo bind 0x${device.deviceNetworkId} 1 1 0x0201 {${device.zigbeeId}} {}”, “delay 500”,
“zcl global send-me-a-report 0x0201 0x0000 0x29 5 300 {3200}”, “delay 500”, // report temperature changes over 0.5°C (0x3200 in little endian)
“zcl global send-me-a-report 0x0201 0x0011 0x29 5 300 {3200}”, “delay 500”, // report cooling setpoint delta: 0.5°C
“zcl global send-me-a-report 0x0201 0x0012 0x29 5 300 {3200}”, “delay 500”, // report heating setpoint delta: 0.5°C
“zcl global send-me-a-report 0x0201 0x001C 0x30 5 300 {}”, “delay 500”, // report system mode
“zcl global send-me-a-report 0x0201 0x0029 0x19 5 300 {}”, “delay 500”, // report running state
“zcl global send-me-a-report 0x0201 0x0023 0x30 5 300 {}”, “delay 500”, // report hold mode
“zdo bind 0x${device.deviceNetworkId} 1 1 0x0202 {${device.zigbeeId}} {}”, “delay 500”,
“zcl global send-me-a-report 0x0202 0 0x30 5 300 {}”,“delay 500”, // report fan mode
]

Ha, thanks for that
0x0023 TemperatureSetpointHold 8-bit enumeration
0x00- 0x01 Read/Write
default 0x00

The “manual” speaks of hold only preventing schedule changes, so I never looked any further, setting this on the device BTW doesn’t prevent setpoint changes from the driver, another reason I looked no further…

Yes…I put code in the driver to skip setting of setpoint changes whenever hold is set :slight_smile:

I posted the driver in Code Share.

In my logs I am getting these reports every 5 minutes:
heating setpoint
temperature
fan mode
cooling setpoint
mode
hold mode
operating mode

I tested and I get a report whenever, on the thermostat, the hold, fan or mode buttons are pressed. Hope this helps!

Hm, I was just about to move that device over and noticed that you have removed the driver from your Github. Maybe support is built-in now? I can’t find a good reference, and I don’t wan’t to remove the device from ST until I’m sure it will work… :stuck_out_tongue:

You didn’t mention which device, but I’ve only removed the drivers for devices with built-in drivers.

Oh, sorry, it was a reply to a post about the FGMS-001 ZW5 multi/motion sensor. Okay, then I’ll give it a go. :slight_smile:

EDIT: It works natively! I’ll update the wiki as it still refers to your driver.

Absolutely correct about Ecobee, So the happy medium is to just let it be the master. I’m still not sold on the merit of more than just hold and resume with a fully automated thermostat like Ecobee.

You may run into problems with applying holds outside of Ecobee, as the schedules don’t resume when they should. Even HomeKit tries to take over control if you use their location data, and that disrupts its ability to resume based on schedules by putting it into a hold that overrides normal operation. The best method I’ve found for Ecobee is to only apply holds via their app or the front panel, and let it resume the schedules based on its own capabilities. If you want resume schedule via automated geolocation or voice, use IFTTT. That works very reliably and doesn’t mess with normal operation.

This is the exact reason I got rid of my Ecobees and went the smart dumb stat route.
In our environment, there are no schedules to speak of, modes are driven primarily by presence, and modes moderate many app functionalities, so all I spend my time doing was fighting with the unused, unneeded Ecobee schedules.

For a new user intent on introducing a thermostat into their smart home, it’s worth understanding the pros and cons of each implementation in order to select the correct thermostat for your environment.

Yep. I get it. I’m from California. Desert living, especially when you’re in and out of the house often is going to have a very different set of requirements.

hi mike,

How is the chromecast driver going? Any further developments? I wouldn’t mind the limited functionality as all i need is to adjust the volume as i use assistant-relay (Google Broadcast) to broadcast out my speech - that unfortunately doesn’t have volume control.

I’ll talk to the team about releasing it as is,

I have been looking for a solution to keep away from the clouds. I am on NBN with line speeds at 8/37 but the disconnections are quite frequent. Habitat is certainly the answer. Was going to wait for the nest and google home intergration but they have stated they are on the way so going to jump in. Was wondering your experience @robert1 so far? Could you simply purchase from the website or did you have to complete via email/phone?
How has product selection been without z-wave options?
Cheers