Custom Device Drivers [Wiki]

You might want to post this under the feature request forum. It's unlikely to be noticed much here under the documentation wiki...

5 Likes

Hello folks,

I would like to report that I have tried some Zigbee sensors that aren't officially in the list of Supported Devices but they work great. The device is the Ecolink model 4655BC0-R Zigbee Wireless Door/Window Sensors. They are auto-detected by HE using the Zigbee device pairing function. HE detects them as "Generic Zigbee Motion Sensor" but I manually changed the device type from the dropdown to be a "Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor" and they are working great.

I am using these to trigger lights on/off on interior doors in conjunction with Tasmota WiFi wall switches and it's working well for this. The delay after opening a door is about a half second to a second, which is acceptable for me.

These also report temperature if that is important for you. I am not using this functionality as of yet but I might find a way to use it later. I do have an interest in monitoring my HVAC performance but I have higher priority integrations to tackle first.

Best part about these is that I got 10 of them off of eBay for $49.99+tax with free shipping! 10 Ecolink Zigbee Wireless Door/Window Contact Samsung SmartThin 851166005046 | eBay

No way of knowing what the battery life is yet as I've only had them 4 days. But for an as-delivered price of about $5.30 per unit, it's worth it to me taking a chance on the battery life.

What battery do they take?

CR2450 0.5A is what the label says. I haven't taken any of them apart as there doesn't appear to be an easy way to do so without causing at least a little physical damage. The battery comes installed with a pull tab to keep it from making contact.

[Edit] Well never mind it wasn't too bad to pull it apart with some thumb power. Panasonic CR2450.

1 Like

Those look very nice. I do like the longevity of the CR2 batteries in my Iris sensors though.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Need Weather Tile

The list in first post is incorrect, as:
Monoprice Z-Wave Plus PIR Motion Detector with Temperature Sensor # 15271 (Using Generic Z-Wave Motion/Temperature Sensor)

Generic Z-wave driver (motion/temperature) only works partially, the temperature part works but not the motion.

I have same problem with my monoprice motion sensor thought it was just broken I will hope to hear of fix mine seems to stay stuck active but never goes back to inactive so never sends motion back to hub

1 Like

@bobbyD why are all the official integrations not here? I cant find the August Lock Pro, the CT101 thermostat, and many official devices, but I see some official integrations, such as IFTTT and ecobee?

There is a separate thread for the official drivers and apps. This is the community based ones as the title implies.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=List_of_Compatible_Devices

4 Likes

Hey Mike, Did this Qubino RGBW driver ever make its way up the list?

Thanks in advance.

I'm having the exact same problem. Has anyone gotten the Monoprice Motion/Temperature Z-Wave 15271 working with Hubitat C7? Are there any custom drivers for it?

1 Like

If you can live with just Motion sensing, I was able to get it to work with hub firmware 2.2.2 and the Generic Motion Sensor driver (the one without Temperature). I was never able to get it to work using the dual Motion / Temperature driver. Also, I had tons of problems with 2.2.3, and I don't recall if any version worked on 2.2.3. Hopefully when 2.2.4 is released, the driver problems will be fixed and it can work for both Motion & Temperature.

Does anyone know of a custom driver for the GE ZWave Dual Plug Plug-in Outlet (ZW4015). The built-in "Generic Z-Wave Outlet" provides the basic controls (controlling on/off for both the left and right plugs simultaneously), but doesn't have the ability to control them independently.

There is a driver in 2.2.4

2 Likes

Is there an updated one for the MCO Touch Panel Power Single/Double/Triple Switch?

If they’re Zigbee devices, try the Nue ones.
They look to be very similar products.

Some newly converted C2C devices (running under the ST platform for years):

For Nest devices (Protects, Tstats, Sensors):

Ecobee Tstat and Switch:

Flair Devices (Puck, HVAC, Vent, Tstat):

Regards.

1 Like

Just a short question. I've seen the IKEA Trådfri Driver for wireless control 10w as compatible device on this list. So that there is no link to a community driver, I suppose, that it works with an existing driver. Question is, which one? Generic Zigbee Bulb?

I have some drivers to be released. When I checked the list, I found that parts of the products supported by the drivers have been released (I don't know who released them and there is no previous driver). I think that new products information should be directly added to the original driver. Which administrator should I contact? What should I do?