Custom Device Drivers [Wiki]

If you can live with just Motion sensing, I was able to get it to work with hub firmware 2.2.2 and the Generic Motion Sensor driver (the one without Temperature). I was never able to get it to work using the dual Motion / Temperature driver. Also, I had tons of problems with 2.2.3, and I don't recall if any version worked on 2.2.3. Hopefully when 2.2.4 is released, the driver problems will be fixed and it can work for both Motion & Temperature.

Does anyone know of a custom driver for the GE ZWave Dual Plug Plug-in Outlet (ZW4015). The built-in "Generic Z-Wave Outlet" provides the basic controls (controlling on/off for both the left and right plugs simultaneously), but doesn't have the ability to control them independently.

There is a driver in 2.2.4

2 Likes

Is there an updated one for the MCO Touch Panel Power Single/Double/Triple Switch?

If they’re Zigbee devices, try the Nue ones.
They look to be very similar products.

Some newly converted C2C devices (running under the ST platform for years):

For Nest devices (Protects, Tstats, Sensors):

Ecobee Tstat and Switch:

Flair Devices (Puck, HVAC, Vent, Tstat):

Regards.

1 Like

Just a short question. I've seen the IKEA Trådfri Driver for wireless control 10w as compatible device on this list. So that there is no link to a community driver, I suppose, that it works with an existing driver. Question is, which one? Generic Zigbee Bulb?

I have some drivers to be released. When I checked the list, I found that parts of the products supported by the drivers have been released (I don't know who released them and there is no previous driver). I think that new products information should be directly added to the original driver. Which administrator should I contact? What should I do?

I’m not quite following. Which devices have you written drivers for?

That list is HE supported products

I think you’re after the community driver list which is HERE

1. The following devices can use the same driver. The first of them has been released. How can I add the other devices to the driver?

fingerprint mfr: "0312", prod: "0004", model: "EE02"
           fingerprint mfr: "0312", prod: "EE00", model: "EE04"
           fingerprint mfr: "0312", prod: "BB00", model: "BB02"
           fingerprint mfr: "0312", prod: "BB00", model: "BB04"

2. The next two devices as below,The first of them has been released. How can I add the other device to the driver?

fingerprint mfr: "0312", prod: "FF00", model: "FF0C"
           fingerprint mfr: "0312", prod: "AC01", model: "4001"

3. The last five devices as below.No.1 and No.3 of them have been released. How can I add the other devices to the driver?

fingerprint mfr: "0312", prod: "EE00", model: "EE01"
           fingerprint mfr: "0312", prod: "EE00", model: "EE03"
           fingerprint mfr: "0312", prod: "A000", model: "A005"
           fingerprint mfr: "0312", prod: "BB00", model: "BB01"
           fingerprint mfr: "0312", prod: "BB00", model: "BB03"

I don’t have the driver source code for the products that have been released, so I don’t know how to add these similar devices.

Although I also rewrote the drivers for these devices, since there are drivers that can be used directly, wouldn’t it be better to use them?

You can always manually change to the driver (hit configure after doing so) even if it doesn't contain the fingerprint. Fingerprint is more for the automatic matching of drivers to devices at initial pairing than anything else.

1 Like

I understand what you mean, but for non-professional users, it is more inclined to automatically match the drive. Therefore, it would be better if these fingerprints can be added to the most suitable driver.

I’m still a little unclear. Are you asking if it’s possible to add device fingerprints to a hub built-in driver so that they are automatically assigned to the device upon pairing?

@mike.maxwell has added fingerprints to the drivers based on user input in the past.

2 Likes

Yes, just as you understand.
These products are all developed by our company, and some are just differences in brand and appearance. There is really no need to re-release a driver.

Hello, I haven't the knowledge, nor can find the documentation, to create a device driver for the Leviton VRCZ4, which is a 4-channel Z-Wave ZONE controller (essentially 4 independent On/Off/Dim transmitters.) Can anyone guide me / assist me in this endeavour? Thanks, Brian

@mpk has created an app and driver for this device and made it available on their Github. See this post for details:

3 Likes

Hello aaiyar,

I replied to you with thanks, but I did it by email, and it died. I am still working on it. Thanks.

2 Likes

Let me know if I can answer any questions about the VRCZ4 app/driver