Color of tiles

NewBee Here so please take it easy on this 70-year-old brain.

Coming from a strong aviation background. I became aware of certain customs with respect to cockpits. For the reduction of pilot workload, a lot of cockpit switches and systems will have certain color lights or no lights associated depending on their status. For instance, If switch A is ON and working it might be green. If switch B is OFF then it could be green as well. They are both in their normal configuration. The only time it is a different color is when something is wrong. This way if crew scans the cockpit if something is wrong a quick eyeball scan will show all green lights at the blink of an eye for instance. The crew will start looking somewhere else

To that extent in Hubitat, If I have Switch A that is supposed to be ON all the time, I would like for it to be (pick a color) say Green. If I have Switch B that is supposed to be OFF then I want it to be Green as well. Both switches are in the position they should be for normal operation. This way I can quick ly scan my dashboard and see if something is out of whack.

I see no way to do this in Hubitat. Am I just not seeing how to do this or does this capability not exist and all components of the same type have to be the same color.

Thanks

1 Like

Welcome to the Hubitat Community!

Here's how you can change the color, but keep in mind that this will change every tile for that template.

Thanks for your help SmartHomeProvider, I had already suspected that all the tiles of the same kind were likely to be limited in the color differences, which is what prompted my question

1 Like

They can be in different positions and share the same color, but not if they share the same attribute.

Take a look at SharpTools.io dashboards - you can customize the color settings on each individual tile.

Either manually swap the Default and Active color or check the 'Invert Active State' box to swap the colors. :smiley:

Thanks for the replies. I will give Sharptools a shot

1 Like