[Deprecated] Simple Reminders - Setup Reminders through out the day

Sorry about that, I rewrote the way it repeats and must have forgotten something.

@bptworld I was adding some child devices and when I got to the box in red about selecting a switch I clicked on it but didn't want to do that so I got out and another line appeared to enter the time in between repeats so I filled that in and went on and finished that child.

I then added a second child and when I saw the switch box (in red) I knew I didn't want to select anything there so I put a one in the number of repeats and expected the time in between repeats setting to show up but it disappeared. There was no way to set it without first selecting that switch box and then closing it. Hope that makes sense.

This is right under the control switch...

• Control Switch is required when Max Repeats is greater than 1.

Since you set the repeat to 1, there is no need for the control switch or the time between repeats. It will only reminder you ONE time.

@bptworld Ok, I misunderstood the number of times. I thought putting a 1 meant it would repeat once instead of it being the initial announcement being the 1. Thanks for clarifying.

Ok, I assume you are creating a virtual switch for things you do not want to be announced while you are away. Nice.

One other thing I hate to ask. Is there a possibility of adding dates? Things like furnace filters, as you know, aren't changed for lot longer than just a couple of weeks. thanks

@bptworld Dang, I hate bringing up something at all let alone 2 things. In addition to the above (bold) I have a reminder set with a repeat number of 2. The reminder went off at the time set and I set the repeat time for 600. It went off exactly 10 min. later but it also went off a third time at 20 min. after the initial time setting.

I have enabled debug logging on the next child device reminder for the evening reminder. I will let you know what happens and give you the log info.

Hey, were would I be without you! I'll take a look.

Probably with a lot less problems! :man_shrugging:

New version on GitHub...

Child:
1.0.7 - 06/05/20 - Fixed max repeats, Added Specific Date trigger, Added Repeat every X days, Removed 'Every Other', other minor changes

Be sure to go into each child app and make sure your settings are still there. If anything is broke, blame @razorwing! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Gee, thanks Bryan. That helped my reputation immensely!! :woozy_face:

1 Like

@bptworld

Hi, I have just started using this and I have a reminder for garbage day. It flashes lights and is meant to speak on my echo dot. The lights flashed but no voice reminder.

This is the only error I saw in the logs for this

[app:615] (http://192.168.0.10/logs/past#app615)2020-06-08 07:20:07.576 errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_app_BPTWorld_Simple_Reminders_Child_450.checkEveryOther() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] on line 281 (startTheProcess)

Yup, fixed this last night.

New version on GitHub...

Child:
1.0.8 - 06/07/20 - Bug fixes

1 Like

New version on GitHub...

Child:
1.0.9 - 06/11/20 - All speech now goes through Follow Me

New version on GitHub...

Child:
1.1.0 - 06/13/20 - Fixed type in letsTalk

New version on GitHub...

Child:
1.1.1 - 06/19/20 - Removed internal Flash Lights and added The Flasher

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.