[Deprecated] BI Control - Local Blue Iris control

Just in case you ask....

On the Alert Tab, if I click on Action > On alert > then the (+) ...

I get this.......

Web Request or MQTT, if you are trying to send motion alerts to a Hubitat virtual motion anyway.

1 Like

Not unless someone writes up the info for me. I do not have BI5.

1 Like

Just put up new version with the toggle for camera trigger.

Looks like GitHub is having some issues so don't know if it stuck or not. Will check back later.

1 Like

Brian, thanks for this awesome update! Just updated to 2.0.6 and everything appears to be working.

1 Like

minor change on the child app line 211 - missing title: on the boolean for useMethod causing the app to throw up

I changed:

input "useMethod", "bool", "Manrec (off) or Trigger (on)", defaultValue:false, submitOnChange:true

to:

input "useMethod", "bool", title: "Manrec (off) or Trigger (on)", defaultValue:false, submitOnChange:true

and everything seems to work. Thanks again!

Yup, fixed. Thanks

1 Like

Okay, I'm obviously doing something very stupid because I can't seem to get an image on my dashboard.

I've set my ONVIF compatible cameras up in Blue Iris and can see live video.

I've set up webcast per the instructions.

I imported both the parent and child apps.

I set up a virtual switch.

I set up the following child app:

• Control Type - Camera
  • Trigger Type - Camera_Trigger
  • Selecdt switch to Trigger Camera - virtual switch previously set up
  • Camera Name = Same as Short Camera name in BI

When I click the virtual switch, I can see an image is created in BI UI. I just can't figure out a)How to get the image showing on a dashboard and b) How to use the switch to constantly update the image on the dashboard (every x number of seconds).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

This app is not designed to send anything to your dashboard. It simple controls BI from HE. That way it can utilize your motions sensors, rules and stuff like that.

Can you show images from BI on a dashboard? That I don't know and haven't tried. Maybe someone has figured out a way, but it's not in BI Control.

1 Like

You can use the video tile template and feed it the URL for your BI server with the short camera name and it works on some web browsers but not others. I haven't found a reliable way to show the live feed directly on the dashboard. However I setup a link to my BI servers UI3 interface and that works on every browser I've tried.

1 Like

I'm going into the Dashboard editor and choosing the template "Video Player". Then for the Video URL I'm putting the UI3 URL (192.xxx.xxx.xxx:/ui3.htm). When I view the dashboard, however, I'm not seeing anything other than an empty tile.

Any suggestions?

Your URL would need to be like
http://192.168.0.10:81/mjpg/camshortname/video.mjpg
Just replace camshortname with the correct value. It doesn't seem to work from some browsers in the dashboard tile but you click the tile and it works but then other browsers both work fine.

I couldn't get the video tile to work on an Amazon Fire HD 8 running Fully browser.

But an image tile refreshing every 1 second meets my needs:

http://[ip]:[port]/image/[CamName]?user=[username]&pwd=[password]

@jkimrey Sorry, I'm using the image tile, not the Video Player tile

1 Like

Yep - figured that out and it's working now - thanks for your help.

And thanks to @bptworld for making an awesome app that is going to allow me to integrate my other devices into Blue Iris - much appreciated !

I think you may have a bug in line 527 of the child device. I think the trigger mode is called "Switch or Contact" but in this area you only are looking for "Switch". I noticed this when I set up a switch to change the profile in BI from a switch in Hubitat.

Thanks, all fixed.

New version on GitHub.

@bptworld Hello, would it be possible to add in the camera reboot control to this? As a Trigger Type Camera_Reboot

Added to the list

you added to your list, or you need me to submit a request somewhere?