[Deprecated] BI Control - Local Blue Iris control

The problem is the schedule on my server is affecting the profile even when I turn off the schedule, I would manually set it to a profile and eventually it would change. I had my temp time set at 10 minutes which was not a problem on ST with the BI Fusion integration which looks like it was getting the temp time from the server and scheduling itself to run again then to keep it set correctly. I changed the temp time to 1 day (1440 minutes) and it seems much more reliable so far although when it is set to profile 1 when I'm home it still seems to loose the profile altogether occasionally. I haven't figured out how long that takes yet. Although last night it seemed to stay on Profile 3 throughout the night and so far its stayed on profile 2 today while I'm away.
file file1

Thinking of switching from smartthings, and this app is a great help for me. One thing I haven't figured out, and wanted to see if anyone can help. I have a hikvision rebranded doorbell camera. Is there a way to trigger actions based on the button being pressed?

I tried to pause the Set profiles based on modes child app but the pause1 variable that it sets doesn't appear to have been implemented, my profiles continue to be controlled by the app.

Thanks

Please try new version on Github...

V1.0.8 - 05/04/19 - Fixed 'pause'

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks!

Can you add a second set of profiles where it would send a hold command so it would be a permanent change (until a new command is issued)? For example, if you manually send the switch profile command once, it uses the "Temp time (min)", but if you manually do it a second time, it will simply switch profiles and not be a temporary switch. Would come in handy if you are gone for longer than say a day, like on vacation or something and want it to stay on an "Away" profile.

(edited as my earlier response was mistakenly referring to how ptz presets use a 7+n to get the right profile, which.. well, had nothing to do with what I am asking!)

Any idea what would be the issue here? I have been using BI Control for a while now and finally got my BI Server to stop switching to the schedule whenever there was motion by turning off the "until triggered" options however since doing that BI Control isn't changing my profiles any longer and in the logs I see the following:

app:4942019-05-08 02:54:17.227 pmerrorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_app_BPTWorld_BI_Control_Child_410.iChangeProfile() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [2] Possible solutions: biChangeProfile(java.lang.Object) on line 252 (profileModeChangeHandler)

--- Live Log Started, waiting for events ---

Thanks.

Found typo on line 252. Please try the new version on github.

V1.0.9 - 05/08/19 - Fixed a typo

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks, it's working again.

1 Like

Hi bptworld,

I'm struggling to get this working,
" In Blue Iris

• Select the Camera to use as a Trigger then 'Right Click' and select 'Camera Properties'.
  • Select 'Alerts' and then check-off 'Post to a web address...' and then click 'Configure'
  • Under the heading 'When Triggered', make sure that "Http://" is selected
  • Then next to that box, put in the 'Local End Point' URL from Hubitat. Note: do not include the Http:// ... just start with the ip address. (ie. 192.168.1.123/apps/api/....)
  • Click 'OK' and your done!"

I'm using this method but using the-Maker for a virtual motion sensor.
"* Select 'Alerts' and then check-off 'Post to a web address...' and then click 'Configure'"
When you say check-off, do you mean Un-tick?

Hi,
Nope, I mean just what it says... check-off that option.

BI-check%20off

Hope this helps.

The integration has been working flawlessly for a couple of months now - Thanks for all the work you put into this!

I'm looking to upgrade to BI v5 and am curious if anyone has already upgraded and can vouch that it doesn't break the integration with Hubitat?

Thank you!

I haven't upgraded yet, sorry. Reading the 'new' features, I really didn't see the need to. I'll probably wait until the fix release. :grin:

Thanks for the VERY prompt reply. Waiting for the first patch makes perfect sense now that you mention it - I'll do the same.

I've been running v5 since the day it was released and can confirm that BI Control still works with the new version.

1 Like

That good news! Thanks

1 Like

While we are on versions...
I just bought the HE and am impatiently waiting for it to arrive.
Just for fun searched for BI and was surprised and really happy to see that you implemented this!

Similar to you however, I didn't see the point of upgrading my BI version. For me that means I'm stuck on 3.56 for now (as opposed to your version 4 and other people's v5 on here) so I'm wondering to which extent your app will support my BI version. Any idea whether it will fully or partially support all or some features?

Thx

Welcome to HE!

Well, as I've said many times... One of the best parts of home automation is trying new things. So, Try it with your version and let us know! :grin:

2 Likes

Hello ... First thank you for the work you put in to this, it is exactly what i was looking for. I am on BI5 and having an issue triggering a specific camera to record. Everything appears correct in the setup and the logs look clean but the camera does not trigger.

app:1362019-10-04 10:04:13.195 pm debugbiUser: hubitat - biPass: xxxxxxxxxxx - num: 0
app:1362019-10-04 10:04:13.185 pm debugsending GET to URL 
http://192.168.250.200:5555/admin?camera=Front&manrec=0&user=hubitat&pw=xxxxxxx   
app:1362019-10-04 10:04:13.174 pm debugI'm in Camera_Trigger
app:1362019-10-04 10:04:13.153 pm debugBI Control-biChangeProfile...
app:1362019-10-04 10:04:13.150 pm debugcameraTriggerHandler - Off
app:1362019-10-04 10:04:13.141 pm debugSwitch on/off - Front Door Cam Switch : off
app:1362019-10-04 10:04:13.136 pm debugBI Control-cameraTriggerHandler...

I am not sure if the issue is on the Hubitat side or the BI side.
TIA

Sorry you're having an issue with this. I'm on V4 so can't test on V5. I have had reports though that it's working just fine on V5.

Without an error in the log to go on, I don't have anywhere to start. Hope you get this straightened out.