Cloud Dashboard won't load

Hi all, I have a dashboard that hasn't been changed in a few months and recently it will not load through the cloud but the local still works fine. While examining the console (Chrome F12) the response is

{message: 'Request failed with status code 504', name: 'AxiosError', code: 'ERR_BAD_RESPONSE', config: {…}, request: XMLHttpRequest, …}

Further on down it indicates "no response from hub". All my other 7 dashboards (a couple of which have more data) work fine in both cloud and local. Has anyone else run across this type of issue? Thanks.

I’ve had trouble with that. It was something to do with the phone being or not being a device on that hub. Sorry I can’t quite remember the details but that might help you refine your search.

Thanks @garyjmilne, but sadly it's the same problem across the board. It will not load on anything if I use the cloud link.

I see, I misunderstood your problem.

I've done some debugging and found that there is no device causing the issue. If I remove about 6-7 tiles the page will load, doesn't matter what tiles. I've made no changes to this dashboard in months, was there a change somewhere in the cloud services? Or does anyone have any other ideas?

Might be a small amount of database corruption, could try taking and reloading a backup of the hub.

Yea, I had thought of that but since it worked fine via LAN I held off. I'll give that a try, thanks.

Edit: Unfortunately, Backup/Restore didn't help, I also created another dash, added the appropriate devices and copy/pasted the JSON from the original and the new dash does the same thing.

How many tiles do you have to reduce it to in order for it to respond?

Any special tiles (custom/community based) or all built-in tiles? Variables on on this dashboard? Anything else you changed or added to the dashboard like CSS code?

Around 6 or 7 tiles, I started with deleting devices, that didn't help then I started to delete 1 tile at a time to see which tile could be suspect and after I deleted all my dashboard links at the bottom it loaded so I thought I nailed it. I recreated them from scratch and again the dash wouldn't load. I then tried another group of tiles and after 6 or 7 the dash loaded. I restarted and selected another set of about 7 tiles and the dash loaded.

This dash has 1 tile master and an assortment of devices and variables and uses Smartly. All my dashboards use Smartly and they are fine and some have a lot of specialty tiles like google maps, weather radar, boatloads of tile masters, etc.

Literally no changes have been made since december when I added the water cutoff valve. I work with a few people that don't get the whole 'home automation' thing, I've shown them my cloud dashboards so it used to work.

Sorry I don't have a solution for this tile but you should be aware of my recent app Tile Builder.

It allows you to have loads of like devices on a single tile. Or you can have a filtered list and only open contacts, or a limited list and only show the 5 lowest batteries. There is a lot more but you can find it via the link and might solve your issue for the data heavy dashes.

Yes, I've been watching that thread closely, weighing the idea of using that app and how I could apply it. Ironically, this is one screen where tile builder wouldn't help. This one is almost all controls. I have a couple other screens where tile builder would be help.

1 Like

At the moment... TB is in it's infancy, at least in it's public release. Put enough weight behind a request for addressing this using TB and you never know what may happen. I'm not claiming any inside knowledge... regardless of my acknowledgement in the release post, I'd also back down from any technical backing of a solution in this space.... can't say I have analysed it enough to say TB could deliver on that...

Understood, I know TB is just launching, which looks awesome BTW, so I wasn't going to start throwing 'nice to haves' out there yet as I'm sure Gary has many other requests and issues to deal with at this time. With Tile Master being abandoned (I have a lot of those) I am very interested in TB as a replacement so as it matures I'm sure other features will be available that will apply to more situations.

3 Likes