Cloud Connection Unavailable After October 1, 2019 [SOLUTION]

Affected versions: All prior to 2.1.4.130

Affected Models: Hubitat Elevation model C-3, C-4

We know that not everyone will have time to update their hubs to avoid disruption of your their cloud services. So in case you missed our notification to update your hub BEFORE October 1, 2019 and you are now unable to access our cloud services, please follow these steps to reconnect your hub:

How do I know if my hub is affected?
If you see this message on your hub:

And you are on a version prior to 2.1.4.130 and you are sure your hub is able to connect to the internet.

How do I Fix This?
In order to update to the latest version you will need to use a new feature we have rolled out in portal.hubitat.com.

Step 1: Go to portal.hubitat.com and log in with the same credentials used to register your hub.

Step 2: Go to My Hubs and click on your hub.

Step 3: In the pop up dialog, click the "Advanced" button

Step 4: Click the "Update Hub" button
Step 5: Click the Update Hub to ..." button
Step 6: Wait at least 5 minutes and the hub will download the latest version and switch to it and then restart the hub.

Step 7: After 5 minutes, the hub will restart and you will be redirected to the hub main UI.

Verify your hub is now on version 2.1.4.130 or higher in settings -> Hub Details

You should now be able to access your cloud dashboards and other cloud related services from your Hubitat Elevation.

1 Like

so is there an issue that is currently affecting cloud services? my hubitat is on .130 and i have not been able connect to cloud services through browser, nor the hubitat skill on my alexa, since i woke up at 6am PST.

On a platform-wide basis? Don’t think so. My cloud dashboards and Alexa integration seem to be working fine. And this specific issue won’t become a problem til 10/1/19.