Clone a dashboard?

It looks like I can but it's not working. Am I doing something wrong?

Clicking on child app
Clicking gear
At top of page clicking Clone
Then it just goes the apps page

From what I saw (somewhere) Dashboards were not included....

Damn! There has got to be a way to do it.

Wife requested a back up keypad for the alarm attached to the mobile Dashboard I made. There is LOTS of css in it and do NOT want to have to do it all over again. Problem with just linking to the one that is already made is that the current one has extra stuff on it and I was going to simply clone it and then delete the extras.

Create a new dashboard and add the devices you need than copy the previous JSON and paste it into the new dashboard, it will include all you customCss in it. Gear----> Advanced---->Layout and then copy and paste.

Hope this helps.

Using 230.113

1. Go to Apps-->Hubitat Dashboards-->click on gear for "your dashboard name"
  2. Click on "Export/Import/Clone"
  3. Click on "Clone your dashboard name"
  4. Click "Clone"
  5. Scroll down if needed --> click "Clone your dashboard name"
  6. Click Done

You may be tempted to click the many Done buttons that show up in the process, if you do the process fails.

3 Likes

I get to "select apps and device replacements"

There is nothing to select. If I click done it goes back to the beginning.

That's odd, I don't have "Done" on that screen. What HE firmware are you running?

Did you ever find a fix for this?

I was messing around with creating different panels. Last night, I made a main one with all devices, then created two clones and edited them successfully. When I tried to make another clone, I get to the "Select Apps and Device Replacements", and now there's nothing there. I just upgraded this morning to the new HE update, but that didn't help either.

Ended up in this thread a moment ago. I was attempting to clone an existing Dashboard and I was unable to do so. I can only lend credence to mebejedi's observation. Running C-7 and current firmware.

Has anyone found a fix for this?

I had success manually cloning one. I created a new dashboard, selected ADD ALL devices, and pasted in the a copy of the .css file from the donor dashboard and worked fine. Don't know why the built-in dashboard clone procedure fails.

Dashboard Clone feature still exhibits the same failure mode for me ... C-7 hub ... updated to the latest software.

Royski & Eric.C.Miller posted a method over here that appears to work.

Here are my expanded step-by-step instructions which hopefully accurately expand on what they started (i.e., for persons like me who are not "code-jockeys" and don't know where all the selections are) :grinning: ... To clone a source dashboard to a destination dashboard manually:

• In Apps, open the Source Dashboard configuration
    • To review the devices used by the Source Dashboard, select Hubitat Apps/”Source Dashboard” and scroll to “Choose Devices”
  • In Apps, create the new Destination (blank) Dashboard
    • Apps/Hubitat Dashboard/”Create A New Dashboard”/”Destination Dashboard”
    • For “Choose Devices”, manually add the devices to match the Source Dashboard “Choose Devices” window (already open)
  • Open the Source Dashboard
    • Hubitat/Dashboards/”Source Dashboard”
    • Select Settings (gear/cog)/Advanced (tab)/Layout (tab) (reveals the dashboard code)
    • In the code area, right-click and select “Select All” (or select area, CTRL-A)
    • Right-click and select “Copy” (or CTRL-C)
  • Open the Destination Dashboard
    • Hubitat/Dashboards/”Destination Dashboard”
    • Select Settings (gear/cog)/Advanced (tab)/Layout (tab) (reveals the dashboard code)
    • In the code area, right-click and select “Select All” (or select area, CTRL-A)
    • Right-click and select “Paste” (or CTRL-V)
  • Proceed to tune the Destination Dashboard

I hope this helps ...

3 Likes