Clean-up possibly unintended consequence

Continuing the discussion from Community Clean-Up!:

Hmmm .. it has been de facto practice for community developed apps and drivers to have a single dedicated thread where all questions and issues regarding it can be discussed in one place. This seems desirable to me.

I note that these threads are being closed even if they have current activity because they were originally created some time ago. Would it not be better to allow these to remain open if they were still active, @bobbyD ?

4 Likes

The current effort has been to only close threads in the Get Help category that are older than 1 year. I agree that (some/all?) community developed apps and drivers threads should stay open. If any of these were miscategorized and they were posted in the Get Help category, please send me the links to these threads. I can move them into appropiate Custom Apps and Drivers category and then reopen them.

9 Likes

Ah, I see. The underlying issue is that the topic was created in Get Help rather than Community Apps and Drivers. Here's an example. It seemed like there a quite a few more.

3 Likes

Thank you. I took care of that one.

5 Likes

Here another example that may need moved and reopened.

3 Likes

Done!

4 Likes

Here is another one..

And another

1 Like

I moved and reopened the APC one, for the Tesla, do you mind creating a new post under Custom Drivers with the latest code at the top, referencing the previous discussion for more details?

3 posts were split to a new topic: Clean-up Fun

Here’s another (it’s also in get help) Balboa Spa Controller App

2 Likes

Done!

1 Like

As long as you don't close the Cartoons and Meme's topic, I think we should be ok with closing the old lounge topics... but I guess we'll see....

1 Like

LOL, the cars and the cartoons threads have been manually de-selected to avoid closure :wink:

3 Likes

A prudent measure.... :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please unlock...active and current and fun. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Done, moved it under here is a cool thing I did...

2 Likes

Another that is long term active, both geeky fun and useful for folks wanting to improve or modify their wi-fi network alongside HE.

2 Likes

Fine, have at it, it's open again LOL

3 Likes

I've been doing some playing with Node Red and I've noticed while searching for info, that threads seem to auto-close after 2 months of inactivity.
For future clean-ups, wouldn't this be the way to go? :man_shrugging:
Certainly be less work for you @bobbyD :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It has been set for most categories to auto-close after 1 year of inactivity, however the change cannot be applied retroactively, that's how the clean-up project started.

3 Likes