Circadian Daylight App

Would love to see automatic color temperature adjustment for capable bulbs. There's a smart app for ST called Circadian Daylight and a similar feature for Home-Assistant called Flux Light Adjustment

my app [RELEASE] Rooms Manager app with Rooms Occupancy driver: Smarter Rooms among other features supports adjusting light level and color temperature based on time of day and various other settings if you want to give that a try.

thanks.

Hi bangali,

I definitely will, thanks for the hint. The other features look really interesting too!

Before I read your reply, I thought I'd just try out KristopherKubicki's Circadian Daylight Coordinator I mentioned in my first post. I really didn't expect it to "just work" but apparently it does. I didn't test it thoroughly, but basic functionality seems to be fine.

1 Like

sure thing. thank you, my whole house runs on that except for few one off things here and there.

yeah @kristopher.kubicki circadian daylight is a great app. i used it extensively myself on ST. rooms just needed a different set of configurability for light level and color temperature ... if you do try it you will see what i mean. that said ... if you prefer circadian daylight you can also use that with rooms just leave the level and color temperature empty when creating the rules to turn on lights etc and circadian daylight will set the light to its level and color temperature values when turned on by rooms.

Thanks for your hints. I'm just getting started wit Hubitat ... having some issues with the ST hub link. But I'm also not quite ready to decommission ST because Hubitat doesn't have a Google Assistant (Google Home) skill yet, and I'm not in the mode to create dozens of IFTTT commands

Fully understanding your app is going to take a while I guess - really impressive stuff from what I've seen so far see :slight_smile:

1 Like

personally i am running like 30/70 right now on hubitat/ST. my presence sensors and speakers are still on ST. i dont use alexa or home so no issues for me there. :slight_smile:

Hi Bangali,
Thanks for creating this app! When I paste the Github code into Hubitat's Apps Code and press Save, I get the error: "No signature of method: Script1.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (Script1$_run_closure1) values: [Script1$_run_closure1@7b1402fc] Possible solutions: metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure) on line 694". I believe I followed the Hubitat comment/uncomment instructions in the code. The part I edited is below. Is the below correct? Any other debugging suggestions?

metadata {
definition (
name: "rooms occupancy",
namespace: "bangali",
author: "bangali") {
capability "Actuator"
// for hubitat comment the next line and uncomment the one after that is currently commented
//capability "Button"
capability "PushableButton" // hubitat changed Button to PushableButton 2018-04-20
capability "Sensor"
capability "Switch"
capability "Beacon"
// for hubitat comment the next line since this capability is not supported
//capability "Lock Only"
attribute "occupancy", "enum", ['occupied', 'checking', 'vacant', 'locked', 'reserved', 'kaput', 'donotdisturb', 'asleep', 'engaged']
// for hubitat uncomment the next few lines
attribute "occupancyIconS", "String"
attribute "occupancyIconM", "String"
attribute "occupancyIconL", "String"
attribute "occupancyIconXL", "String"
attribute "occupancyIconXXL", "String"
attribute "occupancyIconURL", "String"
attribute "alarmEnabled", "boolean"
attribute "alarmTime", "String"
attribute "alarmDayOfWeek", "String"
attribute "alarmRepeat", "number"
attribute "alarmSound", "String"
attribute "countdown", "String"
command "occupied"
command "checking"
command "vacant"
command "locked"
command "reserved"
command "kaput"
command "donotdisturb"
command "asleep"
command "engaged"
// for hubitat uncomment the next line
command "push" // for use with hubitat useful with dashbooard 2018-04-24
command "turnOnAndOffSwitches"
command "turnSwitchesAllOn"
command "turnSwitchesAllOff"
command "turnNightSwitchesAllOn"
command "turnNightSwitchesAllOff"
command "alarmOffAction"
command "updateOccupancy", ["string"]
}

You need to copy and paste into driver code. This is a device type code.