Chromecast Volume

Having some more trouble over here with rules.

I am trying to set up some rules where I change the chromecast volume back to a normal level. the volume does not change when I manually trigger the rule

yet the log seems to suggest it worked

See my clip setting volume on my Google Minis. Looks different than yours. You are trying to control Google minis right?

Yeah..I set an accurator rule to set volume on minis to 35. It could be I am not doing it the right way.

Where did you put those volume settings ?

If you GH minis have not spoken for a while they sort of ‘go to sleep’
I have noticed with a few of the apps I use that just sending the volume is sometimes missed.
I get around this by sending a ‘refresh’ command or ‘initialize’ command before setting the volume. (A;though this does not always work)
You could try this to make sure the GH mini is ‘awake’ before sending volume settings to it.

Andy

@Cobra I managed to get it working but only when I had played something on the speakers and therefore 'woke' the device...What I can't figure out is how to wake it up prior to changing the volume...without speaking to it etc..

I don't use RM so can't be sure but I think you could use a custom command for 'initialize()' or 'refresh()'
before sending the volume

Thanks i'll take another go at it later when I am home

for the love of god, did you ever find a fix for this?

all the bigger screen devices like google hub work fine but the nest minis never respond to commands apart from "speak". Very annoying, trying to get volume to change first.

I ended up setting up a Google routine to reset volume of every home each morning

hmm, guess that would work, quite annoying though that some google devices operate correctly and others dont.

If you send a speak command with only spaces in it then the speaker won't actually say anything but Hubitat will become the mediaSource and the you can then send the volume command to the speaker. What I've found is that unless Hubitat is the mediaSource, volume commands don't seem to work.

1 Like