Cheap uk Zigbee switch for £10

Since it doesn't have CE certification listed in the description, I would expect it's one of the Chinese Export markings that "pretend" to "accidentally" look like the CE marking. But again, you'd have to check with the seller to be 100% sure.

This one the seller has confirmed is a repeater:

I’ve bought 4 of these and they work perfectly with a driver I have adapted/rewritten.
They DO repeat
They also repeat really well for Xiaomi devices.

If anyone is interested in the driver, I’ll post it.

Andy

2 Likes

Very interested in the correct driver. Seems to work with the Generic Zigbee bulb, but I am sure there are reasons why it should not!

I ordered a few of these which are on their way, so a driver would be very nice if you feel like sharing.

@rupert.bowling1, @Kulfsson

Here you go guys, try this one :slight_smile:

Andy

1 Like

Thanks, will test when my devices arrive :slight_smile:

works a treat thanks. Have 3 of these now, and they are beginning to be my go to switch. Solid fast so far reliable.
Easy to fit in line to lights, in the ceiling, in extension leads, all sorts of places, so long as they are hidden. slight concern about fire.... but they do not seem to get hot at all, so it would have to be a fault that sets them off.

1 Like

When I opened one of them up (because I was concerned about build quality) and was surprised how good and well made they appear to be.
I don’t have any concerns.

Glad the driver works ok for you too :slight_smile:

Andy

Hey guys. Considering these myself, but am slightly worried if this would work for me, if i only have access to SWitched live and Neutral at the ceiling rose.

Permanent Live, and switch wire are inside a junction box which annoyingly is out of reach :frowning:

Thanks in advance.

also, other than the price, how different could it be from http s://www.amazon.co.uk/Controller-Compatible-Control-Downlights-Automation/dp/B07FBD96DG

thanks

I actually ordered these from the seller, way back in December, but unfortunately they never arrived. I did get a refund however. But I still want the drivers :wink:

You need a permenant live
You could always put a cover over the switch so it doesn’t get turned off.

Andy

Driver in this post

Andy

1 Like

Whats the default PowerOn state on these ?
Just wonder if i will be able to turn it back on from the wall switch when its remotely set to Off .

I have never specifically tried but I think it's default on

im a total noob, ive got a xiaomi door contact that ive paired but failed to get to work, and also a trv head Danfoss, if you could be any help that would be appreciated

I Use Zigbee on off switch written by cobra..

And no, I have not found a decent UK light switch, they all seem to be wireless. Let me know if you have any luck!

Just ordered a couple of these, hopefully I can use them and not have to buy 10 bulbs...I have spot lights in some rooms and didn’t fancy the expense

I've just got a few of these to try and they seem very good so far. I've also managed to modify one so that rather than switching the input voltage to the output terminals, it becomes a "dry contact" relay. IE the output contacts are no longer connected to the 240V at all but just become a normally open pair of contacts that close when the switch is on. See picture for the modification I did.

NB1. You need to cut through the PCB tracks on BOTH sides of the board as the tracks run on both. I found the easiest way in the end, rather than trying to grind through the copper tracks, was just to make a saw cut through the whole board where I've shown the red line.

NB2 This would obviously void any warranty and messing with 240V electrics is dangerous etc etc so I am not recommending anyone try this themselves. Just posting what I have done for information.