Cheap Sensors

I received quotes from suppliers that make sensors with Zwave, RF, Zigbee, Bluetooth, etc. (there are not in the list of the Hubitat compatible)
They also supply TUYA Zigbee.
The sensor are really cheap. door/window sensor, smoke sensor, volume sensor, sirens, cameras buttons.etc
Does someone think that they will work with Hubitat?
Does someone think that is it worth to check them if I bring some samples?
Thanks

I think you’ll need to provide a bit more info for anyone to make judgement calls like you’ve requested.
E.g unless the manufacturer claims they work with HE then you’ll likely need to test them yourself and everyone’s HA systems seem to be quite different so what works well for you might not work for me.
Get a few samples to test them out. I’d say you’d have no shortage of peeps offering to assist in testing. :slight_smile:

Also if you’re importing them for sale then make sure you setup RCM compliance folders for them or else you expose yourself to some pretty heavy penalties and potential legal issues.

1 Like

the Z-wave will for AUS/NZ Z-Wave frequency - 921.4/919.8 MHz

I can bring some samples to AUS but I will need help connecting them

Those look pretty familiar.
I have a couple of those Door/Window sensors, branded as NeoCoolCam, which are very basic but have also been rock solid. They report only Battery and Open/Closed using the "Generic Zwave Contact sensor" Driver. They're also sometimes branded as Dome as are the motion sensors.

You could use ST sensors when doing any comparison as they're pretty darn good "bang for buck".
Obviously the Power Plug, as shown, is non compliant.

1 Like

@clodkohn, I'd suggest doing some polling on what "type" of sensors are the most popular - Zwave or Zigbee etc.
Zigbee device biggest advantage seems to be their ease in which a whole or part of a system can be restored after a catastrophic event such as a Hub failure.