Cheap reliable motion sensors?

I’ve been using these for months now. They are reliable.

I haven’t had issues since I put in 4 repeaters throughout my house.

So far so good with the Iris sensors.. tempted to hey some more!

Do they do door window sensors too?

1 Like

Any reason not to go with the V3 versions?

Only asking as I got some of the V3 motions and so far they seem pretty good .... was considering some V3 contact sensors .... although I still have 20 odd Aqara to deploy ..... can never have toooo many sensors :slight_smile:

V3 sensors were made by a different company. I have always liked Centralite devices who made the Iris V2 devices. Thus my preference.

I have zero experience with the Iris v3 devices.

1 Like

We’re in the UK, sadly we can’t be too choosie :wink:

Hey, does anyone have a link to a good supplier of Contact Sensor Magnets that can be paired up with the Iris Door/Window sensors ??

I bought magnets on ebay that are very strong. I use 3m Command strips to mount them.

I think I use this size and shape...

Lots of others sellers, shapes, and sizes.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_id=182712324438&_nkw=50+100+Pcs+Magnets+Block+Cube+Rare+Earth+Neodymium+Magnet+N50+N48+N52+ALL+Size

2 Likes

Thx, I'm really more interested in ones that "look" more like the original item. You know, like a little plastic lozenge. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ogiewon @Royski - do you know if those door sensors work in the UK?

As far as I’m aware, they’re Zigbee so should be fine :+1:

I found these contacts, although all you want is the magnetic side.

Theyre 67mm in lenghth and the Iris contacts are 51mm, so slightly longer, but would do the job.

I'd just like add my thanks to everybody who suggested the Iris v2 motion sensors! I just received 20 of them from Ebay, and the few that I've installed so far have absolutely been faster than any of the Z-Wave sensors I've been using until now (Aeotec and Dome).

4 Likes

Glad to hear! They are amazing little sensors, especially at the massively discounted ebay price.

1 Like

I've got an odd issue with one of the iris motion sensors. It appeared to drop off the network so I removed and reinserted the battery and this cured it. Motion works as it should, however it is flashing constantly between green, red, blue etc.

Has anyone else seen this?

I had seen this on one of mine... I did a factory reset and re-paired and it normalized

I'll try this thanks!

I did just find this. However I have tried removing the batteries when active and inactive and neither have sorted it...

If you want a challenge, try removing the battery for one with motion staying as inactive :joy:

1 Like

I think I've sorted it.
These are the steps should anyone else need them...

1. Remove battery when motion is active
  2. Insert battery holding reset button and release straight away when in
  3. Discover devices and it picks it back up

Is this the same process as a factory reset?

2 Likes

Yea.. If I remember correctly that is factory reset

1 Like

How big are these sensors, are they bigger than the Aqara's?