Changing Weather

@SmartHomePrimer
Do you have a weather underground api key?
If so then I’m currently testing a new version of the driver that combines pws and wu data (for forecasts etc) (or apixu - you can select which one you want to use)
Also, weewx should be able to upload to wu directly without problems.
I upload my data via ftp to one of my websites for external use. It’s currently just using the default ‘skin’ but there are a lot around on the net to make it look better - I just haven’t had time to investigate properly.
My wu key still seems to be working so I thought I would use that until it stops then use my apixu key after that

Andy

Yeah I have a key. Expires in July of 2019, and then of course I won't be renewing since the free option will be unavailable when it expires.

Not sure why only the WU upload isn't working. I entered my Station ID and Station Key for the password. Put it in quotes as the suggested to avoid parsing errors, but it doesn't work. I put the PWSWeather password in quotes and that works just fine.

I believe the way to enter it used to be Station ID and your WU account password, instead of your station key, but that method was changed some time ago. Is Weewx still using the old method? Everything else that I've put my WU station into uses the Station ID and Station Key.

Time to do much more with this is short for me as well right now. I'm poking at it here and there at the end of the day.

Yes it can, if you remember to uncomment the station and password fields! :blush:

1 Like

After all this struggle with my issues getting this going, I'm going to use the Custom WU driver for the next year too! :crazy_face: I just really like the Ambientweather.net dashboard, and it's ready to go. When I force port 80 of the IP Observer bridge through Weewx, I lose that connection. This way I can just take my time to learn about alternate skins and still get the functionality through HE. Thank you very much for the work you've put into this and all the help to get me here Andy!

Maybe a solution will come along for getting Ambientweather.net user data to into HE. There's an Ambientweather.net to PWSWeather node project, so even a PWSWeather to HE would work if it becomes an option in the future.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.