Changelog entries for updates?

I love that Hubitat gets so many system updates, but I’m surprised at the lack of transparency about what’s in an update. When a significant update comes out, it does so with a big list of changes, but when an update comes out which is just a bug fix version, the changelog is the same as the most recent.

For example, 2.2.6.139 and the two or three previous came with the same release notes as 2.2.6.

2 Likes

The changelog is usually posted in the main thread for the release in the News and updates category, but it would be nice if they showed in the update notification.

1 Like
1 Like

A link to this thread would be very useful... (and nothing to maintain at extra costs)

1 Like

I have set discourse (the forum software) to notify me by email if a new topic is created in the “release notes” sub-category. That way I can quickly see when each hub firmware update/hotfix is released and what’s in it.

2 Likes

Well that’s good to know, thanks.

I think I wish they’d just put the updates in the update dialog... that’s what it’s there for.

2 Likes

I think what he's getting at is that the update release notes should contain the updates for this version - the minor one being applied. The rest of the list is in reverse order below, so if you've missed more than one update, you can just keep reading until you reach your version.

I totally +1 that - as it stands, the pop-up in the app/local page has useless release notes info as it's too aggregated and therefore "doesn't change" from dot-upgrade to dot-upgrade.

With much appreciation,
Chris

2 Likes