Change Kwikset 912 variable

Thank you! I hadn't expended your example yet. I just started reading it and realized it answered all my questions from the previous post. I'm sure I will have more as I go through that, but what I have seen so far looks very promising to what I am after.

Thank you both @demillerusn and @thebearmay. I know this thread went down a couple of rabbit holes, but you have both been awesome at helping me understand and working to move me off of my dying Vera platform.

1 Like

Thanks for this. I used to have go-control GD controllers. They both had issues either remaining connected or actually controlling the door. Lastly, they outright refused to pair to either my Vera or HE. I recently removed them and put in Zooz Zen17 relay switches with two contact sensors to determine fully open or fully closed. Using a virtual GD Controller switch and the MSR logic, it's pretty solid, so far. I'll add the keypad to my to-do list.

I had to replace a go-control controller once or twice, actually an IRIS controller when Lowes still sold those (effectively the same), but haven't had issues otherwise. I have noticed that their version numbers keep going up but haven't seen any real hardware changes except going from z-wave to z-wave+.

I like they not only report OPEN/CLOSED, but also OPENING/CLOSING during operation, and easy to install/integrate. I also have a Zen17 relay, but haven't tried it. As long as the Go-Control keeps working anyway...