Change Color Temporarily

I have a device "Home Secure" which changes to open or closed based on if any exterior doors or windows are opened or closed. I like this because it is a single view "Home Secure" is closed means everything is closed. Good to go.

Now recently I have been getting into LIFX lighting and I decided what I would like to do is turn all of the lights red while "Home Secure" is open. This would allow me to quickly see if anything is open just by looking at the lights. But what I want is when "Home Secure" is closed everything returns back to its previous state. So if the light was on and white then go back to being on and white. If the light was off then turn it back off.

What would be the thoughts on the best way of doing this "change the color temporarily" idea?

Thanks!

Rule Machine has "capture" and "Restore" actions for lights, which sounds about like what you want. Trigger on something, capture the lights, wait for something else, restore the lights. You could also use scene devices and capture and activate those, or just manually specify off or on to white after the wait in thus rule if you always want it a specific way (or two)after and don't care for the exact previous state.

That's the general idea, and just a couple options among many. Happy to go into more detail if needed!

2 Likes

I'll have to experiment with this, but that sounds like exactly what I need

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.