Chamberlain MyQ Garage Door Support [OUT OF DATE]

@dgomel

What I've seen others do in these long threads is post a sort of "recap" of what they did after gathering what they could from all the previous posts. I've run into more than a few of those sort of replies when trying to figure something out, they've been super helpful than digging through hundreds of replies

Thanks for the answers. I'm coming from MyQ that was used via Wink. I never used tilt or door sensor and it was always showing accurate status of the garage door. Same as MyQ app on the iPhone and iWatch.
Could someone explain what is the problem with Hubitat apps that aren't able to get the status? Why everyone using sensors?
It also looks like there is an API to show the status of the door: Chamberlain Liftmaster MyQ API · Apiary

@bobbyD is there anyway to pin my github to the top of this thread? I don't want to knock or take away from the hard work done by anyone else on MyQ in the past, but right now the "older" integrations don't work and it seems like 50% of the posts here for the last month or two are just redirecting people using the wrong code to my repo. Might make everyone's lives easier!

Unfortunately Discourse not having a feature like a thread summery. Reddit keep spoiling people :wink: They suggesting either to edit a first/second post, or use automatic summery, which is rating your integration a last one. So, anyone will spend a fun time trying to understand what is going on with most popular integrations.

How about start a new thread and I pin that at the top of this topic.

1 Like

Done, Updated MyQ Lite Application

2 Likes

I've noticed the following error a few minutes ago. It seems to have come up after checking the version? I am currently at 3.1.1, which as far as I can tell is the latest. Is there something I can do to resolve this, or should I just ignore it?

app:1422020-01-07 22:45:31.483 errorgroovy.json.JsonException: Unable to determine the current character, it is not a string, number, array, or object The current character read is '<' with an int value of 60 Unable to determine the current character, it is not a string, number, array, or object line number 1 index number 0 ^ on line 380 (updateCheck)

app:1422020-01-07 22:45:31.142 infoChecking for latest version...

In the app, lines 379 to 383 are:
def handleVersionUpdateResponse(response, data) {
if (response.hasError() || !response.json?.SmartApp) {
log.error "Error getting version info: ${response.errorMessage}"
state.latestVersion = [:]
}

Thanks!

I need to just remove that code. It’s useless anyway since it’s detecting if there is a new smartthings version. I’ll get to it this weekend. Safe to ignore that error though

2 Likes

Okay, thanks!

I'm getting this error:

There was a problem updating devices:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'deviceNetworkId' on null object.
Line number: 609
Last successful step: Sensor Indexing

Is this telling me that my device isn't connected to the network?

Thanks for the help!

Sorry … didn't see this question, I use the Samsung Multipurpose sensor:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F956F3B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I found it to respond more quickly in contact vs tilt mode. I have an automation that turns on my garage lights when opened between sunset and sunrise. The lights respond VERY quickly even though they are TP link plugs/switches in the garage. I'm changing two out to Lutron this week as the TP link switches do not fit well in a multi gang switch box. At this point, I do not need direct MyQ integration as the contact switch works perfectly for my use.

I'm seeing an error in the logs.

app:202020-02-11 07:19:56.919 am errorgroovy.json.JsonException: Unable to determine the current character, it is not a string, number, array, or object The current character read is '<' with an int value of 60 Unable to determine the current character, it is not a string, number, array, or object line number 1 index number 0

Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks!

@jsarcone, It's a known issue withe the version checking. I'm getting the same.

See message 498 above. where @dman2306 indicates:

I haven't yet checked for a new version...

Thanks!

I always thought i was at least partially intelligent but using hubitat has humbled me. I have literally read through this entire thread....493 comments and googled beyond belief and i'm reading and doing exactly what others say they did to make this Myq work and NOTHING....I have a MyQ hub....I have the MyQ sensors....I have installed the DRIVER from github, I have installed the app code. and I'm still getting the same errors that others have listed above. Mine is on line 609...
There was a problem updating devices:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'deviceNetworkId' on null object.
Line number: 609
Last successful step: Sensor Indexing
I see where that line is in the code but dont see what i need to do to fix it. I'm at a loss....I really miss my WINK, lol..but I will not give up....yet

I don't have the MyQ sensor, but do have the MyQ hub. From what I understand, the MyQ sensor isn't usable for this app. I don't think you can discover/see the MyQ sensor in Hubitat, only in MyQ app, correct?

Again, as far as I can tell, the sensor has to be a Zigbee or Zwave sensor that can be seen by Hubitat as a tilt , contact sensor, or combo thereof.

I use the Samsung Multi-Sensor for this. Its driver even has a garage door setting. You only need to use the sensor half.

They are typically pretty cheap, especially when on sale which happens once in a while...

Here’s a link to it from Amazon.ca:
Samsung SmartThings Multi-Purpose Sensor, White (GP-U999SJVLADB)

1 Like

I assume that sensor is operating properly. If you look at it closely you will see that there is a very small cartoon on it that shows what I always thought was the proper garage door orientation. I am using these of 4 separate doors and have them oriented as shown on the sensor. So yours are working mounted 90 degrees out?

Yes, I’ve had it setup that way for a bit now with no issues. I always thought the picture represented a door. :slight_smile:

Good to know.