Chamberlain MyQ Garage Door Support [OUT OF DATE]

Appreciate your awesome contributions this Sunday afternoon! Cant wait to try it out!

Glad it's working for you. brbeaird really did the hard work figuring out how to make it work in ST. If anyone has any issues let me know, though I generally don't have much time to work on HE stuff during the week.

1 Like

I delete my MYQ device and installed the new driver and get this error??? Anyone know what this is??? Thanks

app:27412019-10-20 06:04:23.572 pm errorgroovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Bad Request on line 922 (prefListDevices)

app:27412019-10-20 06:04:16.154 pm errorgroovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Bad Request on line 922 (prefListDevices)

app:27412019-10-20 06:04:10.306 pm errorgroovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Bad Request on line 922 (prefListDevices)

--- Loading Past Logs... ---

You need to delete the old app and driver. And install both again. Looks like your driver is new and app is still old.

So it looks like this app is now broken? I upgraded to 2.1.5.124 and the app no longer works.

I have gone so far as to delete the app, the user app, the device driver, and the devices it created - start from scratch. But now when I try to add the app I get the following:

MyQ

Unexpected Error

An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.

Error: Bad Request

And in the log it shows this:
2019-10-20 03:57:44.649 pm errorgroovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Bad Request on line 922 (prefListDevices)

Chamberlain updated the MyQ API; therefore the old app and driver no longer work. You need to delete the old app and driver, and install the new app and driver ported to Hubitat by @dman2306 and described in this post:

Ok, so can we get step-by-step to get things working again?

I deleted the previous devices, the app, the device, and added this new app - but get this error:

Summary

Installation Details:

There was a problem updating devices: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'deviceNetworkId' on null object. Line number: 655 Last successful step: Sensor Indexing

Ok here's what you do:

This is the new app

Install the new app as a new app.

This is the new driver

Install the new driver.

You will need to have a contact sensor that you use to monitor your Garage Door.

Then:

1. Add a new User app. Select MyQ Lite.
  2. Enter your credentials.
  3. Select your garage door opener from the drop down menu. Do not click on Advanced. Click Next.
  4. Select the contact sensor for your garage door. Click Next.
  5. Click Done.
8 Likes

@aaiyar thanks for the help. I didn't install the new app but since I did now it working good. Thanks again

1 Like

You're welcome. But thanks should be directed to @dman2306 - for porting the ST app/DTH to Hubitat.

1 Like

@dman2306 Man, thank you for the effort. This has been driving me crazy!

@dman2306 Thanks for taking the time to figure this out. It seems to be working fine so far.

A few notes for everyone:

• I kept the old driver and app, but renamed it in case I have to revert. Not sure if that was a good or bad idea, but it worked. I just went into each driver and app, and prefaced the old app name in the [definition] section with "old". Now it is named Old MyQ.

• I removed the old app in the Apps tab. I tried to keep the Devices tab old MyQ device by changing the driver to a virtual switch. In the end I had to delete the old MyQ device in Devices tab to get this to work and not throw errors.

• The dashboard had to be fixed by updating to the "new" device.

• The thing that took the longest was updating all the RM rules to the "new" opener.

1 Like

Thank you!!! Just tried it out, and it appears to be working great.

I also just installed the new app and driver and it works perfectly (in conjunction with my SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor), thanks!

I love being able to close my garage door via a Hue Dimmer Switch

Wow good stuff. Nice work @dman2306. I am in the midst of a Homeseer/Hubitat bake-off. Had this working in Homeseer with their paid plugin, and went to do this Saturday, only to discover MyQ had broken it.

I will give this a go. Question for folks, though. In Homeseer it was reporting open/close without a separate sensor.. it had a configurable polling frequency. Is that how the nosensor version works? I don't want to use another sensor unless I have to.

1 Like

Perfect! I think from the earlier posts I missed which device driver was needed. Seems to be working now.

On another note - any way to turn off debug logging for both the app and the devices?

@dman2306 Works great here as well! Deleted the old drivers and app, installed the new and everything is working great. Thanks for the quick fix for this!

Thanks for the updated driver/app, but I noticed that the device is not updating when the door opens. It says its always open unless I manually refresh the device.

Dang spoke too soon. Having a somewhat similar issue. My doors were both open but Hubitat listed them as closed. So I "opened" them using the dashboard and waited 10 seconds, even though the doors stayed opened. Then I was able to close them since Hubitat seemed to think they were now open, and it worked.

However, now the icons are stuck on the status of "opening" even though the doors are closed.

Thoughts? Need me to send a log or anything.

Try this - it worked for @cj_rezz