Chamberlain MyQ Garage Door Support [OUT OF DATE]

I did copy the app and drivers and every loaded without errors but I'm having issues that it's not reporting the correct state I guess
it says:

• CloseButton : normal
  • OpenButton : normal
  • door : opening
  • doorSensor : null is null
    seems stuck there whether it's open or closed
    I do have an Ecolink TILTZWAVE2.5 tilt sensor, it's recognized as zwave generic contact sensor, I didn't install any custom driver (just built-in driver). it's reporting open or closed correctly
    Also when adding the garage to dashboard clicking doesnt seem to open or close the garage door (tried as garage and garage control) and got same results

Any idea where might be the issues

What type of device did the device show up as when you paired it? If you changed the driver, did you hit configure?

If you mean the tilt sensor. I think it was recognized as generic zwave contact sensor (or I may have changed device type but unlikely) I didn't configure anything. Clicking on configure doesn't do anything

Okay. And what does the sensor read as? Can you get a screenshot of the edit device page?

My bad, somehow the tilt sensor was not selected in myQ app, I did select it and it's working now but it's giving me an error
Error: Cannot invoke method eventsSince() on null object

app:1632019-02-16 01:43:44.947 am errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method eventsSince() on null object on line 571 (summary)

app:1632019-02-16 01:43:44.938 am debugDoor: Garage (Small): Updating with status - unknown - from sensor null

dev:3302019-02-16 01:43:44.935 am errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: dev1550281423637663509417.updateDeviceSensor() is applicable for argument types: (org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl) values: [null is null] (updateDeviceSensor)

dev:3302019-02-16 01:43:44.856 am errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: dev1550281423637663509417.updateDeviceStatus() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [unknown] (updateDeviceStatus)

even though there is this error, now it's working, not sure if I should worry about these errors

Update: tried installing again and got to to work, I got duplicate devices which I removed them later. hope that would be it

thoward1234/Hubitat-myQ

When I add user app and once I provide the login credentials I am getting an error no devices found. when I look at the logs below is what I found.

[app:36]2019-03-01 09:42:30.201 pm [ debug ]API Error: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

[app:36](2019-03-01 09:42:28.426 pm [ debug ]API Error: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

[app:36]2019-03-01 09:42:25.561 pm [ debug ]a: true

[app:36]2019-03-01 09:42:25.560 pm [ debug ]doLoginDone

[app:36]2019-03-01 09:42:25.558 pm [ debug ]got login response: groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseDecorator@142a927 : 6cfa6aaf-d770-44b2-8c70-aaa1e477f407 :: 200

[app:36]2019-03-01 09:42:25.316 pm [ debug ]lightVersion: 1.0.1

[app:36]2019-03-01 09:42:25.314 pm [ debug ]doorNoSensorVersion: 1.1.8

[app:36]2019-03-01 09:42:25.313 pm [ debug ]doorVersion: 2.2.4

[app:36]2019-03-01 09:42:25.312 pm [ debug ]latestVersion: 2.1.8

[app:36]2019-03-01 09:42:25.311 pm [ debug ]installedVersion: 3.0.0

[app:36]2019-03-01 09:42:25.309 pm [ debug ]previousVersion: 3.0.0

[app:36]2019-03-01 09:42:25.178 pm [ debug ]doLoginStart

[app:36]2019-03-01 09:42:16.246 pm [ debug ]API Error: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

[app:36]2019-03-01 09:42:14.693 pm [ debug ]API Error: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

Do you have the drivers installed? Are you trying to install with individual buttons or without?

1 Like

I installed the Chamberlain MyQ Garage Door Support. I was using a contact open/close sensor. I tested the system and everything seemed to be working. Then my setup went nuts.

So I switched out the sensors and bought a smartthings multi-purpose sensor today. I installed the sensor vertical with the line on the right and without the magnet.

I open and closed the garage. The sensor is reporting the status of the garage correctly.

I went into MyQ Lite.

I select the smartthings multi-purpose sensor but it isn't recognizing the sensor in the app.

It asks me to installed the NoSensor version. I tried this just to see what happens and it acts like the smartthings sensor is not there at all.

Any help appreciated!

[edit] my log

[edit x2] I don't know if it will cause problems but I got it working by using smartthings as an acceleration sensor but selecting it as a contact sensor within the MyQ Lite app.

I would try to delete the app and start over again. It most likely is continuing to use the Contact Sensor settings because of something not being cleared in the app. This is a port from ST so it's probably not perfectly adapted for HE. You might have hit one limitation of the implementation.

I actually did that in order to post the screen shot of the App Summary. I did the nosensor device handler step and when that didn't turn out. I deleted everything, tried again and made sure to take a screenshot that time.

[edit] Only thing I didn't do was deleted everything and restart the hub. would that help?

Wait...I don't understand. You had to delete the App to get the screenshot? When you created it the second time, Did you only select the acceleration sensor, not the contact sensor? You explanation is a littler overly complicated. I'll just say this. If you delete it out and start over with a new one, it won't have any of the setting of the previous to worry about.

I have been troubleshooting this quite a bit. Suffice to say, I have deleted and re-added the app multiple times and same with the garage opener device.

I have fixed the issue by selecting the acceleration sensor as a contact sensor in the drop down menu. I noticed the smartthing multipurpose sensor when used in "garage mode" gives the same open/closed attribute as the contact sensor. So I added it as a contact sensor within the MyQ Lite App and it worked. I don't know if it is reliable or sustainable but appears to work atm.

1 Like

You don't create the door opener device manually. The app does that. Don't create any devices. Just add the app and make sure the drivers are loaded. Go in and add the app and the devices will magically appear! :slight_smile:

Correct. I didn't create the device but when I was starting from the beginning, I would delete the created device just to make sure it wouldn't "save" as previous setting from the previous install. I don't know if it matter but I was trying to troubleshoot. The App would then re-add the device when I stepped through the steps.

Okay, i misunderstood what you said here. When you said "same" i thought that meant deleted and re-added (as in manually). If it's working, then I suggest just leaving it alone. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So am I reading right that this MyQ app wont work for the MyQ integrated Chamberlain openers? The ones that are just a ethernet fob that talks directly to the opener, no tilt sensors needed? Just wanted to check if I was seeing this right.

_ joe

No, I am using a MyQ integrated opener and it works well. Never had a problem. I am also using two contact sensors to detect opened and closed instead of a tilt sensor.

1 Like

So I would need to use additional sensors, it wont work natively just with the MyQ hub thingy right? That is what I was looking to verify. (new to this Hubitat world, I've had ST, and Wink, and MyQ just kinda worked for the most part without any additional sensors.

You can set up the MyQ integration without a sensor but that is not recommended because then Hubitat won't know the status of the door. The integration with Hubitat is actually a port from ST and it was the same there. It can "guess" at the status of the door and if you only ever open or close the door from Hubitat, you'd be fine. But, if you were to open the door from the wall button, without a contact or tilt sensor Hubitat will not know that the door is open. It cannot "fetch" the door's status from the MyQ integration. It can only do that with it's own sensor.

I set mine up quite a while ago, so not real fresh in my head. I believe the additional sensor was needed. I used these openers in SmartThings before switching to Hubitat a year ago, and I needed the additional sensors in SmartThings then as well. I originally installed the additional sensors back when I was using SmartThings. Maybe the ST driver has changed since then. That being said, the Chamberlain integration works great 100% of the time for me.

1 Like