Centralite Pearl Questions

Thank you for the info!

I ordered a Go Control and a Centralite Pearl so that I can play around with them and decide which one I like the best.
THEN I will dump my 5-Ecobee 4's and 1-Ecobee 5, both with remote sensors (old and new style), to try and recover some of my investment back.
I did like them at first, but with the constant Ecobee server problems, long lag in response, long lag of temp sensor updates, and no local control, they have lost their glamor!

we'll see how these new ones work with Hubitat before I dump them though.

They can be controlled locally via Home Assistant.

But then I have to use the Apple ecosystem, which I do NOT want to do.
Plus the Ecobee remote sensors update at a very slow rate for temperature control.

What I may end up doing is use several combo motion/temp/humidity sensors as remote sensors, OR use a Fibaro smart implant (6 temp sensors max) and place the probes in different locations and do averaging that way.

I have the sensors and the implant now just waiting to be used.
I think someone has written a driver for the implant that enables calibration of the sensors also.

One thing that has been annoying the crap out of me is WHY use a thermostat at all, when temp sensors, averaging app (Bravenel), thermostat app, and a Zooz multirelay (3 dry contacts to interface to my HVAC).
Then a tablet can have a dashboard tile with all that info AND control of the HVAC!

That would be more work, but all the thermostat is doing is interfacing hubitat to the HVAC controls.... not much different than a multirelay.

I did try the Ecobee Suite app, and it had alot of nice features, but due to Ecobee's server problems and the response time, it was bringing my hub to a halt or at least REALLY slowing things down.... ALOT!
This was driving me NUTS because I couldn't find the problem.... UNTIL... I dumped the ES suite... PROBLEM SOLVED!

It was too bad because the app had alot of nice features, but was crippled by Ecobee's poor server performance... not all the time but too much for me.

No, you don't need any Apple devices for this. Home Assistant has a component called "Homekit Controller", which will directly pair with your ecobee. You don't need any Apple devices to use Homekit Controller or an ecobee paired with Home Assistant using this method.

You can also export the ecobee climate device from Home Assistant to Hubitat using Home Assistant Device Bridge.

So in theory, one could use any zigbee/z-wave sensors paired to Hubitat (or Home Assistant) to control an ecobee that is paired locally to Home Assistant using the Homekit Controller component.

NOW you have peaked my interest!!!! LOCAL CONTROL!!!! YEAH!!
I do have a computer that is always on (windows 10) for my security cameras (BlueIris), so Home assistant can live on that machine as well.
I am going to DEFINITELY do this!
I thought that Home assistant was an apple only thing, but i am confusing this with Homekit for apple... sorry.