Centralite Lamp Module

Notes on this device

Brand: Centralite
Model: 4257050-ZHAC
EchoStar Part: 206504

Description: Power plug with dimming capabilities and lamp on/off detection. The device monitors for electrical flux when manually trying to operate a light. When the lamp is manually operated the module turns on.

Hubitat can pair with the module and it is loaded as an unknown device (like most devices).

Driver: Generic Zigbee Dimmer
Works ok for on/off and partly for SetLevel settings. The on/off states are not reported correctly all the time and will sometimes report off when the module is on and the reverse.

Driver: Generic ZigBee Switch
On/Off works without issue. States are reported correctly. No dimmer functionality

When you switched to the dimmer driver did you hit configure in the driver ui?, this applies the correct configuration to the device, in general devices will not report correctly until this step is completed.
Configure is run when the driver is selected during the pairing stage, but otherwise it needs to be run manually.

If users provide the device fingerprint for unknown devices, along with the name of the driver the device works with we can update the drivers.

The best source of complete fingerprints is in the more section when the device is initially discovered.

1 Like

I started initially with the Dimmer driver. Did the configure. The driver/device worked but was not consistent in the state reporting. Then I switched to the Switch driver and that worked/reported just fine.

1 Like

It's not a super popular device, hence not spending much time on it. I own one of these, so I should be able to give it a tune up.

I'm not surprised on it's popularity. One of the few Zigbee devices I have left that I'm testing with. Just thought I'd post results for it.

1 Like

Mine is similarly wierd. Would love any hints on how to fix it.

When I hit configure, how long do i wait before moving on?

immediately...

This device's ramp doesn't turn on the device. It seems to work otherwise. Frustrating to try and use with a pico...

I got it to work. "Generic Zigbee Dimmer" and "Dimmer"
Both on-off and dim appear to be working.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.