Centralite Humidity Calibrating

Is it possible to apply a humidity offset to a 3310-G? I just got one and it is reading about 10 points higher than a collection of other sensors.

I have 2 of these and there is only temperature adjustment. @mike.maxwell any thoughts on adding a humidity humidity offset to this driver?

1 Like

Kindly expand that request to all drivers with humidity.

I've tried calibrating these before, and they just aren't that accurate, but more importantly repeatable, hence the lack of calibration.

1 Like

I'm gonna test it over a 75% RH saturated salt mush and see what it says.

My range is 45-60% RH, hopefully over that span and up to the test 75% RH, it is relatively linear.

The response time is something else, it sometimes goes hours without a log entry, even when set to update every 5 minutes.

I agree, home oriented RH% devices tend to be somewhat inaccurate and generally not 100% repeatable. However, when there is a consistent over or under RH% reporting, an input adjustment value field would be most useful.

BTW my experience with home oriented temperature devices is similar to RH reporting, and it has an adjustment field :man_shrugging:

I made up a 75% RH environment and tested 2 of these sensors. After 4 hours they read 77, I left one in and after 12 hours it read 79.

I'll get some MgCl2, I think you can make a 55% environment with that, and test them. It's 'only' a 20 % pt spread, but that's my operating range.

The response of these was in reality quite good, some logs were only several minutes apart.

So for now in running a mental offset of -4.